Tell Congress to Stop Religious Privilege!


In recent years, the religious right has hijacked federal law to impose their religious worldview on the public, on the courts, and on all of American society. They justify all manner of discrimination—against women, LGBTQ Americans, and unmarried Americans, to name a few—by claiming that a law known as the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) elevates their religious beliefs above the rights and dignity of their fellow Americans. To make matters worse, the Trump administration has ordered federal agencies to give maximum leeway to religious discriminators.

I don’t need to tell you that our country was founded on secular values. Thankfully, legislation has been introduced to protect the separation of church and state from the machinations of the religious right. The Do No Harm Act aims to prevent these abuses by clarifying that RFRA cannot be used to override the protections of civil rights law, employment law, access to health care, or protections against child abuse.

There’s never been a more urgent time to curb the worst abuses of the religious right. The Do No Harm Act is one of our most powerful tools to protect the separation of church and state. Please tell your Senators to cosponsor this important legislation today.

All you need to do is call (202) 224-3121 with your zip code to be connected to your elected officials. If you are unable to call, you can use our action alert system to send your representatives a written message.

Thank you for supporting the separation of church and state!