Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

“Black Lives Matter”

Forums Forums Politics and Social Issues “Black Lives Matter”

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 319 total)
  • Author
    @timb
    Participant

Black lives matter only when black lives strive to be better in a white man’s world.

Oh! Well it is MIGHTY WHITE of you to allow that black lives CAN potentially matter if they meet YOUR conditions, in a world that you say belongs to you and your white fascist comrades.

@mriana
    Keymaster

@sree

Black lives matter only when black lives strive to be better in a white man’s world.

That’s racist of you. No soporto a los idiotas racistas. Después de todo este tiempo que has estado aquí, sigues siendo un maldito racista ignorante, exigiendo que todos se ajusten a tus ideales. No te gustan los negros o los latinos y probablemente no te gustas a ti mismo.

I really don’t want to shut this thread down too, so cut the racist crap.

@sree
    Participant

@mriana

I really don’t want to shut this thread down too, so cut the racist crap.

Please help me to understand your objection. I am celebrating the presence of a black man in the owner’s box at the 2020 Kentucky Derby where his grandfather could not even sit in the grandstand to watch the race back in 1962. The Jockey Club that has an all-white membership welcomes Greg Harbut the way America accepted Barrack Obama in the White House for two terms.

What is it that you want?

@mriana
    Keymaster

@sree What do I want? You keep demanding everyone conform to what you call “the white man’s world”. Sorry, but this world is NOT the “white man’s world”. It’s the human world, plus a few other animals’ world too. The black man who not gets to sit in the owner’s box at the Kentucky Derby wasn’t conforming to the “white man’s world”. He was being human, participating in what is also his right to participate in if he so chooses. There’s nothing of colour in that and it has nothing to do with conforming.

@thatoneguy
    Participant

Even if state gun laws allow open carry, I don’t like the sight of folks strutting around in the public space with rifles or even handguns just because it is not illegal to do so. Given the consistent cowardly responses of local mayors and district attorneys, law-abiding folks have a right to protect private properties from so-called peaceful protestors before police can arrive to establish order if at all.

Strongly agree.

This is an effective way to deter peaceful protestors from fomenting lawless destruction of property: folks should ape their forebears defending themselves in the wild west. They should armed themselves within their properties and fire at will when peaceful protestors attempt to break in to loot their businesses or burn their cars on their properties. This would stop them a lot faster than the national guards. Make sure video evidence of encounters are collected by defenders from rooftops.

I can’t resist bringing up these fine people.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by thatoneguy.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by thatoneguy.
    @thatoneguy
    Participant

And that’s reason to kill them? I don’t agree.

The rioters violently attacked Rittenhouse first.

@mriana
    Keymaster

@thatoneguy Not all protesters rioted and/or looted. Why is your answer always violence? Violence doesn’t solve anything and people with guns are NOT fine people. They are terrorists IMHO and should be treated as such. I don’t trust anyone with a gun, not even cops.

@mriana
    Keymaster

@thatoneguy it’s not a reason to kill.

@lausten
    Keymaster
    @lausten
    Keymaster

Please help me to understand your objection. — Sree

Help me understand what it is  you don’t understand. You said they must conform to their world, based on skin color. What definition of racism doesn’t that fit?

@timb
    Participant

mriana asks oneguy: “Why is your answer always violence?”

His answer with the Korean Roof vigilantes video is not JUST violence, it is violence accompanied by snazzy exciting cover music.

You need a hook to sucker in some impressionable young men, like the Ritt, who are looking for glory and an adrenaline rush.

@thatoneguy
    Participant

@thatoneguy it’s not a reason to kill.

It is if the other side is armed.

@mriana
    Keymaster
    @sree
    Participant

@lausten

Help me understand what it is  you don’t understand.

The replies from @mraina (#334023) and @timb (#334015) were helpful in giving me a peek at their moral matrices. They view me, and Trump, as racist and hate us for it. We are not talking about blacks accusing whites as racist here. This is a case of whites condemning whites as racist. And this is the only political divide in America. Blacks, and other minorities, are just props, excuses for social revolution. This is my take.

You said they must conform to their world, based on skin color. What definition of racism doesn’t that fit?

Apparently, the phrase “white man’s world” is offensive. My big toe could also be an offensive term to use if I am not sensitive to the feelings of the other toes on my feet. Is this why we are tearing down statues and defunding the police? Where are you folks heading?

@mriana
    Keymaster

@sree

This is a case of whites condemning whites as racist.

Blacks, and other minorities, are just props, excuses for social revolution. This is my take.

Please spare me! You have no idea because your family isn’t even 1/2 black or even a mix of Black, white, and Native American. You do not get it. My sons are NOT props and you haven’t even walked a mile in a mother’s shoes, much less one who is a minority family. You also have no idea what it’s like growing up in a Native American family (grandmother was 1/2) where you are told outside this house you are white. In other words, except maybe in summer, most of us could pass for white, so we had to pass for white. You have no idea what it’s like to be part of a minority group and I refuse to lie about my ancestry. I am also proud of my sons too, who both strive in their own ways for civil rights. I support my older son organizing some of the protests of BLM and ALL of them have been peaceful. Not a one of them have led to looting or violence nor was he a prop.

Apparently, the phrase “white man’s world” is offensive.

It’s offensive because it perpetuates the selfishness of the white man, as well as his destruction of whole groups of people. You demand that people conform to the “white man’s world” is perpetuation of things like Carlisle Schools, which abused Native children for even speaking their native tongue. The attempted genocide of the Native Americans, which was just as bad if not worse than Hitler’s genocide of the Jews, and the enslavement of Natives (unsuccessfully) and of Africans. White people were not here first, but they have destroyed many groups of people, especially their culture, just because of their hate, prejudices, force immigration and emigration of people, and genocide. I had ancestors who jumped off the Trail of Tears and into the Ozark Woods, marrying those who lived in the woods, just to escape the worst of the deadly trail.

Is this why we are tearing down statues and defunding the police? Where are you folks heading?

You have not listen to anything have you? You are stuck in your little ivory tower, with your fingers in your ears and your eyes covered. The idea is to appropriately train police, not just a 6 month training, but actual education. Sending out social workers or other appropriate persons, when police are not necessary. There are other things involved in this, but you misunderstand the “defund” in this case. As for the statues, why glorify slavery? Why not glorify Sherman who burned the South, causing the North to win and the Union to stay intact? Sherman was a military genius. Why not glorify Harriet Tubman, Sacagawea, and other women? Why not give back Mt. Rushmore, which was sacred land, to the Native Americans- of course, they won’t destroy the carvings, because that would destroy the sacred land more, but they’d have some of their land back. No, you want to continue forced assimilation and destruction of cultures and human beings, as well as perpetuate a cruel and brutal history against those who are not white or all white.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 319 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.