Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Medical Marijuana?

Forums Forums Alternative Medicine Medical Marijuana?

This topic contains 36 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  TimB 3 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Daisy Moore
    Participant

Yes CBD can cure cancer, pain, relief & anxiety, One of my friends was suffering from anxiety disorders, then some suggested him to use CBD, he somehow used it & the final result is surprised him literally. He was cured and full energetic CBD has done wonders to his Healthy life.

TimB
    Participant

There are ubiquitous anecdotal claims of marijuana helping all sorts of disorders.  But robust, specific, peer-reviewed scientific evidence is very, very sparse, mostly due to the everlasting war on pot by the government, and particularly to the insane and also, seemingly, unending federal  categorization of marijuana as a Schedule 1 drug.

Kevin
    Participant

Hi folks!

Has anybody of you applied for the medical marijuana card ? And if you do, how long did it take for the application to go through? I have found some good info the website, but still need some real life recommendations. I’m considering getting one and am curious how long this process is gonna take.

3point14rat
    Participant

Until someone gives a reasonable explanation as to how CBD cures cancer, I’ll continue to put it in the same category as homeopathy.

Sure it has psychoactive effects, but curing cancer is fundamentally different. If it does, great, but there would be more than anecdotal evidence if it did.

TimB
    Participant

Since Mary Jane is legal in Canada, maybe there will be some actual rigorous research on its efficacy in treating various ailments.  I seem to recall research in Israel indicating CBD’s  likely effectiveness in helping treat acute brain injuries.  I completely believe that it helps with certain seizure disorders.  I think there has been some legitimate research done in Great Britain, to a limited degree. If Marijuana could treat all of the claimed maladies, one would think that it would be widely and highly researched and valued in health care in countries that have socialized medicine.  But it has not been, afaik.

TimB
    Participant

I doubt that marijuana can cure cancer, but if I were getting chemotherapy, I would sure want marijuana to address the side effects.

Oh, and CBD is a component of marijuana that does not have psychoactive effects like the THC component. There may be some  non-marijuana-legal-states where you can legally acquire CBD if the state has legalized hemp, which is basically a type of marijuana that has almost no THC.

TimB
    Participant

I heard an anecdotal testimony, yesterday, from a man who said that marijuana addresses the chronic pain he has had for many years.  He said that it is far superior to opiate type medications, because it does not have the potential damage to the body and brain, it doesn’t have the side effects of those prescribed medicines, nor does it have the addictive potential.

Another man, 60 yrs of age, related that he uses marijuana before working out, and that it keeps him from having the joint discomforts that he would otherwise have.

Wouldn’t it be nice to get some solid science based research on these sorts of issues?    The federal scheduling of marijuana as a Class 1 narcotic still interferes with this.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.