Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

How do I unsubscribe from email notifications?

Forums Forums CFI Forums Feedback How do I unsubscribe from email notifications?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  LoisL 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

JohnH

I’ve edited my profile/control panel to cancel all emails from CFI but I’m still getting notifications of new posts. How do I stop these notification?
    I note there seems to be a “stop following” button on each thread which I can try, but the email feature is confusing as it stands.

dougsmith
    Keymaster

I’ve edited my profile/control panel to cancel all emails from CFI but I’m still getting notifications of new posts. How do I stop these notification?
    I note there seems to be a “stop following” button on each thread which I can try, but the email feature is confusing as it stands.

Did you unclick “Enable email by default when you post messages” under “Email Settings”?
    If so then it may be you are getting email from past threads to which you were subscribed. You will have to stop following each of those threads individually.

JohnH

Thank-you Doug. Yes, I posted in some threads before I changed my email settings so maybe they are the threads notifying me.

LoisL
    Participant

I have the opposite problem. How do I get email notifications? I have said yes to each item under “email” in my account settings and I have never received an email from CFI. I also check the box on posts that says “Notify me of follow-up replies via email.” I have yet to receive one.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by  LoisL.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by  LoisL.

dougsmith
    Keymaster

Have you checked your spam folder?

LoisL
    Participant

Yes.

Now I have another issue. I was replying to a post and went to another website to check some figures. I was away for less than 2 minutes. When I returned to CFI Forum I had to sign in again and I lost everything I had already written in my reply.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  LoisL.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  LoisL.

dougsmith
    Keymaster

Ok I have emailed the folks at CFI to see if there is anything they can do about these issues from their end. (I include your other recent thread in this folder).

LoisL
    Participant

Thanks for your help.

Lois

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.