Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

A little help

Forums Forums Issues & Complaints A little help

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    @widdershins
    Participant

This isn’t really an issue or complaint, but it seemed the best place for it.

How do I post inline videos?  There’s no button for it and I haven’t been on a forum for a couple of years.  But I swear, I absolutely know how to work on a computer.

@lausten
    Keymaster

I haven’t found a help site for this brand of forums. I know with YouTubes, make sure you include the “s” in https. Otherwise, it seems like the software either recognizes it’s a video or not.

@widdershins
    Participant

So I just post the link with https and it’s automatic?  That’s simple enough.

@write4u
    Participant

What is with this “moderation of large posts?

It is mopst annoying to spend hours on posting and linking and editing, only to have it “moderated”?  Moderated for what? SIZE????

This way Einstiein would be prevented from posting his theory of GR. Way to go folks for disseminating information. Can’t exceed  a certain size or it is rejected?

Please……

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Write4U.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Write4U.
    @lausten
    Keymaster

I hope to get a better answer to this soon. I got the moderation email, then went to look at your post, and it wasn’t flagged. Are you seeing it now?

I thought the recent tendency to “moderation” was for comments that had links associated with them.

@lausten
    Keymaster

It does seem to be link related, but I’m not so sure there is a pattern. One thing I see that you don’t, there is an automatic spam moderation, and it catches a lot of actual spam. There’s a report that comes with it and it recognizes that it is making “false positives” but I’m not sure if I can help train it. We aren’t exactly Microsoft here, so getting service from a third party vendor might take a while.

@teebryantoo
    Participant

@widdershins

By inline video, you mean like this?

@teebryantoo
    Participant

@widdershins

If it’s a YouTube link, it’s automatic…at least on Android.

@write4u
    Participant

@ Lausten

I posted a new poem in Poetry titled “I dream of you”
    It’s the lyrics to a love song. A litlle tacky, but then I made it worse.

I posted the line “I dream of stories in my soul” which is just embarassingly banal.
    I ‘d really like to change that to read “I dream of stories never told”, but the edit feature has expired.

Is there a way to go back and open the post for edit, or is it possible for you to make that correction for me?

Thanks in advance

Write4U

@lausten
    Keymaster

I can edit anything. I don’t know about opening it up for you. Check it in few minutes.

@write4u
    Participant

Thank you, I realize this is a special favor as you, as moderator and keymaster, are busy enough with other more important chores than to correct linguistic errors……..: )

p.s. I just discovered a new phenomenon when a post disappears. When hitting the page “back arrow” (<–) to retrieve the original posting, I noticed that the post did actually appear completed on the previous page and did not require any further manipulation at all.

It has worked for me several times now and I can live with that….hehe.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.