Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Abortion, Right and Wrong, By Rachel Richardson Smith

Forums Forums Humanism Abortion, Right and Wrong, By Rachel Richardson Smith

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    @halster
    Participant

I am absolutely Pro-Life of the mother.  The issues of life for the mother is the only issue to consider. Not by you. By the family and counsel of the mother.

@yoramdiamand
    Participant

Talking about abortion there is little everyone agrees with, but I found something: To force abortion upon a woman against her will, it is unlawful and not wished for. This idea could help to find common ground. Circumstances that force abortion upon a woman can be fought against. You can fight the sexual predator, and rape. You can educate sexuality instead of keeping the vulnerable stupid. You can place preservatives within insurance. You can provide the opportunity of adoption. After that you still can decide if you want to give love and compassion to the woman for whom abortion is a consideration, or if you want to fight her options.

You can place preservatives within insurance.

Is that your common ground?

What right does society have to fight the mother’s option, if she’s decided after difficult deliberations, that she needs to do this?

Oh, but the father!?  Oh but what?  Does the father carry the child for nine months?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Out of curiosity @yoramdiamand, did you read Rachel Smith’s essay?  Did any of that speak to you?

@mriana
    Keymaster

@yoramdiamand

To force abortion upon a woman against her will, it is unlawful and not wished for.

No one is talking about forcing abortion on anyone. I happen to agree @Halster. The final decision to terminate a pregnancy or not is up to the woman, no one else… unless Mother Nature is causing spontaneous abortion (AKA miscarriage). Her decision is no one else’s business, except the doctor who is caring for her. The father can put in his two cents, if he’s around to do so, but in the end, the final decision is hers, which should end the decision about abortion, but no there are people who want to impose their will on women, basically enslaving them and traumatizing, forcing some to be baby factories against their will, with stupid ideas about a deity in which humans created, right down to what that deity thinks and does. It’s not the deity that bombs Planned Parenthoods and other Women’s clinics. It’s abusive human beings who wish to traumatize and do what they insist doctors and women are doing- kill and in this case, women, doctors, nurses, medical assistants, etc. Anti-abortionists (Anti-lifers, who think they are “pro-life” but really aren’t) have killed more humans than women and medical workers.

@yoramdiamand
    Participant

Hi, I Holland where I live the Rutgershuis  offers Abortion and is also trying to avert reasons why a woman might need it. What I said is not any different. To my taste. Kind regards Yoram

@gerald089
    Participant

Please, stop being selectively self-righteous. If you truly wanted less abortions you would be all in on eliminating unwanted pregnancies through education and birth control.

@widdershins
    Participant

+1 to that.  Abortion opponents have little actual interest in abortion.  It’s about keeping women in their “rightful” place as the Bible and tradition lays out.

@thatoneguy
    Participant

Please, stop being selectively self-righteous. If you truly wanted less abortions you would be all in on eliminating unwanted pregnancies through education and birth control.

That’s already happening isn’t it? We have widespread sex ed and birth control and abortion is rare. (Just like it always has been).

good chance this is spam but it’s interesting.

@lausten
    Keymaster

That’s already happening isn’t it? We have widespread sex ed and birth control and abortion is rare. (Just like it always has been). — oneguy

I was going to respond to your antifa comments, but posts like this remind me that you live in a world that is mostly inside your head. It is conveniently beautiful and full of intelligent people when it’s convenient for you to see it that way, and it has some idiots who mess your day so there must be “liberal media” or something out there.

@lausten
    Keymaster

That’s already happening isn’t it? We have widespread sex ed and birth control and abortion is rare. (Just like it always has been). — oneguy

I was going to respond to your antifa comments, but posts like this remind me that you live in a world that is mostly inside your head. It is conveniently beautiful and full of intelligent people when it’s convenient for you to see it that way, and it has some idiots who mess your day so there must be “liberal media” or something out there.

But Guy representative the insanity taking hold in the right wing’s totalitarian mindset.

Now back to reality:

The Republican War on Contraception
    Not satisfied with restricting abortion rights, the GOP is now coming after your birth control.
    FEBRUARY 9, 2012

motherjones _ com/politics/2012/02/republican-war-birth-control-contraception/

Timeline: Trump’s Attacks on Access to Birth Control

plannedparenthoodaction _ org/fight-for-birth-control/facts/timeline-trumps-attacks-access-birth-control

Since even before his presidency began, efforts by Trump and his appointees to undermine access to birth control have been relentless — and show no sign of stopping.

A birth control skeptic, a stronger Global Gag Rule, and Neil Gorsuch

January 5

Trump hires Katy Talento to lead health policy at White House
    Talento once falsely wrote that birth control can cause “miscarriages of already-conceived children” and risks “breaking your uterus for good.

January 23

Trump turbocharges ‘Global Gag Rule.’
    Organizations funded by U.S. global health programs now may lose federal funding for providing, advocating for, or even talking about safe, legal abortion. This policy will impact health care access provided by over 1,200 organizations in at least 60 countries.

January 24

Senate confirms Nikki Haley as U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations
    As Governor of South Carolina, Haley said “women don’t care about contraception.”

January 31

Trump nominates Gorsuch for lifetime appointment on the Supreme Court
    Gorsuch has an alarming history of interfering with reproductive rights and health. Gorsuch has sided with a politician who “defunded” Planned Parenthood in Utah — and believes that bosses should be able to impede their employees’ access to birth control.

and so on

Why are Republicans taking away birth control? Because they don’t want women to have it
    Forget the excuses for ending Planned Parenthood’s grants — the goal has always been to take away birth control

https://www.salon.com/2019/08/20/why-are-republicans-taking-away-birth-control-because-they-dont-want-women-to-have-it/

AMANDA MARCOTTE
    AUGUST 20, 2019 5:30PM (UTC)
    The reason Republicans keep trying to take birth control away from women is simple:  They think birth control is bad and you shouldn’t be able to get it.

This should seem obvious, but apparently it is not. Every time Republicans find some new avenue to take away birth control, there is always some elaborate excuse — dutifully repeated by the mainstream media as fact — for why they don’t want to take away your birth control, but simply have to for some other reason that is always, they claim, not about birth control. Birth control is never the target, they swear. It’s always just the unfortunate collateral damage of some fight over, they swear, something else.

Disgusting malicious pigs and totalitarian is what the world of guys have transformed into under trump’s leadership and cheerleading.

Beyond the pale and the ultimate price for all American will be hideous beyond comprehension  – thanks to the decades worth of complacent of the lazy left.

@lausten
    Keymaster

Now back to reality: — CC

Indeed.

The hard to thing to show is that women having control of their reproductive rights leads to women having power. They already have a lot of power by having the right to control access to get in to their vagina, but marriage can limit that, even dating can limit that, apparently getting drunk can reduce their right to say “no”.

The case is made by looking at the long term results of a country or area where women once did not have those rights, but now they do. This is the kind of data and research the average person does not do. Even though they now have a device that can do it while they are watching their kid play soccer, they still don’t do it.

@thatoneguy
    Participant

Cool story.

@thatoneguy
    Participant

The hard to thing to show is that women having control of their reproductive rights leads to women having power. They already have a lot of power by having the right to control access to get in to their vagina, but marriage can limit that, even dating can limit that, apparently getting drunk can reduce their right to say “no”.

So true.  We need to prohibit all male-female interaction in order to have a more perfect liberal society.

@lausten
    Keymaster

We need to prohibit all male-female interaction in order to have a more perfect liberal society. — oneguy

I said women should be able to control who can touch them and how. That’s a basic human right that men have had since civilization began. Are you that primitive?

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Lausten.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Lausten.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.