Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Coronavirus

Forums Forums General Discussion Coronavirus

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 875 total)
  • Author
    @thatoneguy
    Participant

Bodybuilders can have chronic diseases too.  Those old guys have a long list of meds they have to take to stay alive.

@timb
    Participant

I am having difficulty importing a couple of graphs to demonstrate that we can expect the daily death totals to be going up over the next few weeks to well-over 1,000 daily, then we will see, subsequently whether we have responded enough now to make a downturn by then.

IOW we should expect the daily death totals to be going back up over the coming few weeks.

______

The t rump simply does not have the wherewithal to lead us through this pandemic.  And hence he will be nothing but a further drag on the economy being able to be opened safely.  At the same time the t rump is fostering racial divisions in the times of Black Lives Matter.

A trifecta of shameful and destructive incompetence’s. A hat trick of the worst of undermining America.

What is left of the GOP and the RepugLIARS should get together ASAP to save a semblance of the party they were, and get rid of the grand buffoon.

Have him retire and be pardoned, by Pence for all of the federal crimes that he is guilty of.

Then the Repubs could nominate Romney at the Convention, and thereby have a shot at keeping the Presidency. At least they could avoid the avalanche of anti- t rump voting that will occur in November, if this Icon of Disasters is still on the ticket.

(Iow, maybe they could still save the Senate.  Huh? Moscow Mitch, whaddaya think?)

@timb
    Participant

Seriously, RepugLIARS, pride goes before a fall.  Abandon the sinking ship while you still can.  Make alliances with still conservative Never-Trumpers and when the t rump has his final failure, the faith of his core supporters will falter and fade away.

So save yourselves while you still can, RepugLIARS.  It is no longer a question of him or you.  He is going down.  The question is, are you going down with him? Personally, I would like for you to go down with him for all of the times you’ve gone down on him. But since I am a member of the Dem Party, which is now lead by Empathic Joe Biden. I must set aside my natural liberal progressive longings for the demise of the LIARS’ repugnant political ideologies, and, instead, follow more in the spirit of Biden, the healer and uniter.

And thus my warning to you. Save yourselves while you still can.

@mriana
    Keymaster

My fear is, too maybe people will be either sick, dead, or recovering from what is now, or should be called, the dotard’s virus. He was the one who unleashed it on the U.S. citizens.

@thatoneguy
    Participant

Florida, Texas and the rest are going through what the Northeast went through in spring.  Feds did nothing but state governments did everything they could to bring down infections — short of forcing everybody at gunpoint to stay at home — and it worked.

The same is happening in the hardest hit states now. They will get through it.

@sree
    Participant

@thatoneguy

Those old guys have a long list of meds they have to take to stay alive.

Are you serious? I workout practically everyday. I am 44 and nowhere as ripped as those old guys. It’s real hard work to just stay where I am. And I am 100% healthy and fit (no meds) but don’t have their Mr America physiques.

Trump’s Virus sure as hell did work.  The gold plated pig wanted to harm our government and everyone who very justifiable hates Mr. T’s worthless petty narcissistic guts.  Success has been his.  So much for our governments check and balances – guess its what we had to give up for our vainglorious economic dreams.

Thank you, Gingrich, GOP, Tea Partiers, Murdochs, Koch and all of trump’s other enablers, for this insanity, and a major tipping point in our march to self-destruction.

Herd Immunity for Covid-19 Is ‘a Fantasy’: Dr. Haseltine

Well he may be a medical expert – although he does say some mighty disconnected from Earth’s Physical Reality things near the end – too bad like so many others, he thinks he can ignore what we’ve done to our biosphere and global climate engine.  Well we can ignore it, but it isn’t ignoring us.

Evolution is alive and well.

@thatoneguy
    Participant

Are you serious? I workout practically everyday. I am 44 and nowhere as ripped as those old guys. It’s real hard work to just stay where I am. And I am 100% healthy and fit (no meds) but don’t have their Mr America physiques.

Bodybuilders of any age who are that swole = steroids.

@timb
    Participant

Again, I think that the highly rapid evolutionary success of mutations over less successful mutations, (if indeed, mutations may continue to occur) will result in other genetically based innovations of most successfully infecting human hosts, with lots of copies of itself, which survive to most successfully infect other humans, and so on.

Hence, I think that if there are further successful mutations, they will tend toward greater infectivity and less fatality. Not to say that it may still be quite debilitating.

@timb
    Participant

… reports out of Tuscaloosa in Alabama quoted government officials as saying college students there were holding COVID parties with cash prizes being offered. Attendees put money in a pot that was awarded to the person who became infected first.

(A 30 yr old died at a San Antonio Hospital, and a doctor there, related that)  “Just before the person died they looked at the nurse and they said, ‘I think I made a mistake. I thought it was a hoax but it’s not.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-hospital-says-man-30-died-after-attending-covid-party/ar-BB16CojX?ocid=msedgdhp

So now the coronavirus finds soft targets among the many Americans who will believe everything is a diabolical conspiracy by someone on the left.

A COVID party is not a good idea. 

Young healthy individuals are not as likely to die as older persons and persons with other existing conditions. But they can die from it.

They can experience bad effects even if they do not die.  We don’t know whether some will experience life-long unwanted effects of having had COVID-19.  We don’t even know whether getting thru a bout of C-19 will even give any immunity after the antibodies disappear (which seems to be happening after a period of months).

Not to mention that a cluster of C-19, resulting from such a party, can turn into compounding clusters which will inevitably infect some people who will die from the disease.

@sree
    Participant

Not to mention that a cluster of C-19, resulting from such a party, can turn into compounding clusters which will inevitably infect some people who will die from the disease.

Are you really concerned about people dying from the disease? Americans have been dying from cancer at the rate of 600,000 a year. The death rate from heart diseases is higher at more than 650,000 a year. Why were you screwing around with other stuff when all that was happening when Obama was President? And now, you are jumping around screeching like a banshee. How much are they paying you? I would be really depressed if you are doing it for free.

@mriana
    Keymaster

How Many Will Die At the Rate We’re Going? Shocking.

It won’t be just the elderly, sick, weak, etc. It will be healthy people too. Healthy young people will die if we keep going the way we are going, ignoring the virus, and the dotard gets another 4 years. Our only hope is that he gets voted out of office in November and dragged into a prison cell.

@3point14rat
    Participant

Are you really concerned about people dying from the disease? Americans have been dying from cancer at the rate of 600,000 a year. The death rate from heart diseases is higher at more than 650,000 a year.”

Good grief. What a load of crap.

Trolls have an endless appetite for replies. Posts like the one I quoted above are nothing more than a way of attracting their prey.

Please don’t feed the trolls. (Unlike wild animals, a troll’s only food source is what humans feed it. Since we want trolls to go extinct and we can make it happen, let’s do it.)

Okay so let’s bring it back on point.

What you need to know about the airborne transmission of COVID-19
    Some scientists argue the virus can float in the air for extended lengths of time

By Jonathan Lambert,   JULY 7, 2020

What you need to know about the airborne transmission of COVID-19

…  But researchers increasingly think that the coronavirus can stay in the air longer and travel farther in tinier bits, called aerosols, that can be generated by people talking, breathing or singing (SN:4/2/20).

These aerosols, which are less than 5 microns in diameter, can linger in the air for extended periods in places without ventilation, possibly infecting people long after the infected person has left.

What’s the evidence the virus is airborne?
    Laboratory studies have found that infectious coronavirus can persist in the air for at least three hours when artificially aerosolized, though these results are hard to translate to real-world conditions. But evidence from “superspreader” events also point to airborne transmission. …

Oh and in Hong Kong a doggie appears to have caught the disease also.  When too much is never enough, you never know what kind of stew you’re brewing.  Ain’t nothing going back to how it was, evolution* does not work that way.  Stay safe out there.  😉

*Oh, I can already hear some howling in objection, but “Evolution” isn’t real.  So, on we bumblefutz.

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 875 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.