Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Definitions of ''TIME''

Forums Forums Philosophy Definitions of ''TIME''

Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    @sree
    Participant

If you want to refute something so fundamental, give some references, find a website on the basics of science. Somewhere around 4th grade level should do it.

No references. No authority. No hand-holding. To investigate the nature of the building blocks of reality, even fundamentals have to be discarded. We need to step into the void before the mind was formed. This is real meditation.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by Sree.
    • This reply was modified 6 months ago by Sree.

One of the principles of science is that an object’s existence is not dependent on our ability to perceive it.

I dispute this, because I “know” that I am the center and the whole of the universe ! ! !

@sree
    Participant

@citizenschallengev3

One of the principles of science is that an object’s existence is not dependent on our ability to perceive it.

How can the above be a scientific principle? Is it possible to have science without the scientist, the curious investigator? If an object’s existence is not dependent on the ability of the scientist to study its nature and qualities, how on earth can scientific knowledge be acquired?

The only object’s existence that is not dependent on our ability to perceive it is God. Is this a principle of science? Can I dispute it now?

@ibelieveinlogic
    Participant

If an object’s existence is not dependent on the ability of the scientist to study its nature and qualities, how on earth can scientific knowledge be acquired?

Science is discovery.  Discovery requires that the discovered be present before the discoverer.  We do not create.

Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.