Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Duplicate entry issue

Forums Forums CFI Forums Feedback Duplicate entry issue

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dougsmith 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Lausten
    Participant

Don’t know if this will help.

I made an entry, a new topic, then immediately went back in to edit it. All I did was mark a paragraph as a quote. The error came back “You cannot reply to this topic”. The post and topic were gone. It was titled, “Solving the Infinite Regress Problem” in “Religion and Secularism”. My quoted parts might not be exact.

I’ll try again later. See how it goes.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  dougsmith. Reason: Wrong folder
    • This topic was modified 1 month ago by  dougsmith. Reason: Wrong folder

LoisL
    Participant

Why do I get a message like this

ERROR: Slow down; you move too fast.

ERROR: Duplicate reply detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that!

When I have written a completely new post?

dougsmith
    Keymaster

Very strange Lois. Has this happened to you (or anyone else for that matter) more than once? Anything else relevant about the occurrence that might help figure out what might be going on?

3point14rat
    Participant

“Slow down; you move too fast.”

My mind instantly went to the Simon and Garfunkel song, The 59th Street Bridge Song. I sang over and over every day when walking to college back in the early 90’s. I still sing it when my mood is extra light and relaxed, and I’m outside in nature. I love lots of Simon and Garfunkel songs, but this is easily in my top three.

Slow down, you move too fast
    You got to make the morning last
    Just kicking down the cobble stones
    Looking for fun and feelin’ groovy

Hello lamppost, what cha knowing?
    I’ve come to watch your flowers growing
    Ain’t cha got no rhymes for me?
    Doot-in’ doo-doo, feelin’ groovy

Got no deeds to do, no promises to keep
    I’m dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
    Let the morning time drop all its petals on me
    Life, I love you, all is groovy

LoisL
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”>Dougsmith, it has happened a few times. I am in the middle of typing a reply and suddenly I lose the page. I backtrack and find it again and try to finish my response only to get the message that I am sending a duplicate reply BEFORE I hit “submit.”</p>

Lausten
    Participant

I’ve seen the message. I don’t want to try to recreate the sequence of events because I won’t get it exactly right. Definitely something like Lois described though. If anything happens and you find yourself trying to edit, or pick up somewhere you thought you left off, the system is comparing text and thinking you are pasting repetitively. I get the need to prevent attacks of text pasting, but there’s a bug in where they are checking for that.

LoisL
    Participant

It has happened again. I typed a response, hit “submit” and I got a message that I was making a duplicate response.

LoisL
    Participant

However, my response was posted.

Lois

dougsmith
    Keymaster

Ok I’ll send a report along.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.