Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Error message

Forums Forums CFI Forums Feedback Error message

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    LoisL
    Participant

I composed a reply and  clicked “submit” the moment I had finished it. I received this error message  from CFI Forums

ERROR: Duplicate reply detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that!

—I only sent it once and it has not appeared on the blog. I tried submitting it again and got the same error message. I waited a while and accessed the blog again. It is nowhere to be found and I got the same error message.

Now the reply I carefully composed has disappeared.,

LoisL

dougsmith
    Participant

Very weird Lois. This usually happens when the system flags the post as spam and someone tries to repost, but I don’t see any recent messages of yours marked as spam, and as you say you only sent the post once. No clue, I’ll let the CFI folks know.

Tee Bryan Peneguy
    Participant

This is similar to the problem I am having.

I do include a link to an article I wrote myself. Is that considered spam?

I have taken lots of time today…

dougsmith
    Participant

It’s not spam but the anti spam system may consider it such. So be warned and if it is a problem try to reword somehow.

LoisL
    Participant

If you take out the http:/ it will sometimes go through.

Write4U
    Participant

I just noticed that CFI time zone is Eastern time and is three hours ahead of my time on the West coast.

Could that be a source of synchronization problems ?

Write4U
    Participant

@ Lausten

I just discovered that all posts in CFI forum are copied in another site; https://secularhumanism.org/

Is it possible that some of our posting problems are due to being linked to this site?

Strangely, I was able to sign in to this site with my CFI name and password.

Apparently CFI is related to this site, a fact I was never made aware of as far as I can recall. 

is a magazine published by the Center for Inquiry

Free Inquiry Magazine
    PO Box 664
    Amherst, NY 14226
    800-458-1366 or (716) 636-7571

Center for Inquiry – Headquarters
    PO Box 741
    Amherst, NY 14226
    (716) 636-4869

When I asked to be directed to FORUMS the site directed me to CFI.

And sure enough, this link addy showed up; https://secularhumanism.org/members/write4u/

Can anyone enlighten me how this happened without my knowledge?

And could this link be causal to any posting problems?

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Write4U.
    JoAnn Fritsche
    Participant

How canI just ask a question?

I’m trying to find the “Are you as Moral as You think you are?” test, and think it was posted by LoisL, but don’t know when.  Would someone please help me find it?

Thank you,

JoAnn

joannf72@gmail.com

Lausten
    Keymaster

JoAnn,

We’re not setup like a quora or a stackexchange. Our conversations are free flowing and they go where they go. Unfortunately this software isn’t too great with searches either. You can message LoisL by going to her user profile. Or, do what I did here which should have resulted in an email alert to you. I copied the link to your user and put it in above as a link behind your name.

Lausten
    Keymaster

And could this link be causal to any posting problems?

I was not aware of that. I’ll pass it along.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.