Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

freedom from god

Forums Forums General Discussion freedom from god

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lost-soul 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

lost-soul
    Participant

Do you guys not agree that freedom from god is some times expensive. I no longer believe in god and his childish immoral nature. Nevertheless, it is extremely difficult for a muslim man who grew up in a tribe in Yemen to come out as an atheist. Any similar experiences, feedbacks, or advices? everyone is welcomed to comment.

Lausten
    Participant

Definitely. Some people suffer grave consequences for their apostasy. Sometimes it’s better to hide it until you are in a position where you can survive without the support of your tribe, whatever “tribe” might be to you. I know there are organizations out there that reach out specifically to people like you, but I’m sorry I can’t find one right now. I’ll keep looking. Hang in there.

Lausten
    Participant

It looks like CFI has a couple ideas. There are two links in this article. One of them is just a donation page, but there must be a way to contact them.

The “Reluctant Activist”: Being Outed as an Atheist in a Muslim-Majority Country

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Lausten.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Lausten.

lost-soul
    Participant

Thanks Lausten,

by the way my tribe is a middle eastern people who  like  expensive gadgets and luxurious cars but still think the “infidels” got it wrong.

Player
    Participant

Expensive as in loss of family??

lost-soul
    Participant

yes, as  in family and friends. honestly, i am not afraid of death or any other types of loss; just loved ones.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.