Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

General sci-fi show discusstion

Forums Forums Entertainment and Pop Culture General sci-fi show discusstion

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    TimB
    Participant

The Hobbit was literally written for a child.  But the LOTR, in my opinion, was a masterpiece of entertainment.  An entire world replete with it’s ancient history and the languages of the various kinds of peoples actually created as a foundation for the story.

TimB
    Participant

I like Stephen King.  “It” was one of the best, I think. (the book)

Widdershins
    Participant

“It” was good, but a little unnecessarily creepy in parts.  The part at the end where all the 12 year old boys had to have sex with the 12 year old girl, that was really not necessary to the plot and uncomfortable to read.

TimB
    Participant

I didn’t even remember that part, in “It”, but it was one of his creepiest books, and that is saying a lot.  Tho the very ending seemed a little hokey to me.

What was the book series that had the developmentally delayed guy who always spelled Moon (and everything else) M-O-O-N?  That was pretty good.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.