Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Ghost posting

Forums Forums CFI Forums Feedback Ghost posting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lausten
    Keymaster

Every now and then, I post, but it doesn’t show up. What’s really weird is it shows up in the main listing, under “freshness”. I see my name and that I just posted, but if I click on it, it’s not there. I try re-posting, nothing. I have to wait a while and then I can post again.

I figured out that I need to give a title when starting a thread, but I haven’t figured out if I’m doing anything wrong when I post a response.

dougsmith
    Participant

Yeah I’ve noticed there is a certain amount of weirdness with this forum software.

Lausten
    Keymaster

I don’t know if there is any way to search the data for this or something, or maybe pass it on to wherever you get the software, but this time at least I got an error. It tried posting, it didn’t show, came back an hour later, and tried again and it sees it as a duplicate. So it’s in there somewhere.

Ghost post screen shot

dougsmith
    Participant

Screwy. I’ll email the folks and see what they say. May take awhile.

dougsmith
    Participant

OK seems to be an issue with the spam filter. It sometimes moves posts into the penalty box because it thinks they are spam.

Try to work with it. As you know we already get a lot of spam crap on the forum so I am very reluctant to shut off the filter and allow in more crap. There may be a way to get back messages that have been flagged but it may take time and I am not around 24/7 obviously. So meanwhile if you find this happening try to rewrite your message.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.