Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Hello From England

Forums Forums Introduce Yourself Hello From England

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Corbain 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

BOB EDGE
    Participant

Dear all those out there who have a mind of their own,

I was christened a methodist. I was brought up as a christian. Even in elementary school I was made to stay back & recite the lords prayer, because I would refuse to do it in front of the other kids at the end of school. Which even at 6 years old really pissed me off.

My mind has always searched for why we are here, and also what is the purpose of our existence. Religion only causes conflict, science, and understanding of the universe only causes more questions that we need to explore. So we can work together to understand the workings of the universe, and beyond.

I know most of the events, are over in the US, so I probably will never benefit from being a member, but I had to take a stand against all this religious crap.

I’m Bob, and very proud to be a member of the CFI.

Kind Regards

Bob…

Lausten
    Participant

Hey Bob. I’ll try to think in my English accent when I read your posts. We have a couple countries represented on this forum, although not so much activity lately.

Corbain
    Participant

Hello, Bob,

I’m new here as well.  What part of England?  I’m up on the Harrogate area.

Sean

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.