Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Hi Everyone , I am Hayder

Forums Forums Introduce Yourself Hi Everyone , I am Hayder

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Hayder
    Participant

Hello Everyone , my name is Hayder , I am 28 years old , from Iraq , am an Ex-Muslim , Atheist , currently Asylum-Seeker in China with the UNHCR China ( since 2016 ) .

I have been through a lot , beginning with being attacked by Islamist gang in 2003 , which led me to rethink about Islam in particular and Religion in General , as , until early 2000 , no Muslim can ever think about questioning this religion as it will be blasphemy which will lead to punishment by death , but for me , It began with an attack on me by Islamic gang after the war in 2003 , in Thi-Qar Provine , Iraq , that attack , made me leave my country to Egypt in 2006 , I have stayed in Egypt up until 2013 where I completed my high school then university ( I am Arabic-English Translator ) , then I traveled to Iraq couple of times , during which , I found out Iraq become completely control by Islamists , not only a gang like 2003 , then I began to receive death threats from my own Family , Tribe , Islamist PMF and even the Government crackdown on Atheists , all of this because my decision of leaving Islam and becoming an Atheist , as well as because marrying a Chinese Atheist ( Han ) , this made me flee Iraq and came to China in 2016 where I thought new page in my life will begin , but I faced even more difficulties .

First , Chinese Government ban Iraqis from Working in China , as well as Opening Bank Accounts , which made it extremely difficult for me to live , secondly , Chinese Police every 2 weeks comes to me to check on my files like some kind of criminal , despite being married to Chinese  .

following this hard life , I found out only one choice left , Applying for Asylum-Seeker in China with the UNHCR – Representation in China , which I did and completed my registration in mid-2017 where they gave me an Asylum-Seeker Certificate Valid for 6 Months and I stayed like that up until early 2019 , where I completed my RSD Interview , and as of now , I am waiting the results of my RSD Interview .

I am currently in the worst situation in my life , and am sure , every Atheist in Middle East and North Africa , have similar situations , and for me , All my life depends on the UNHCR RSD Results .

Its truly happy news for me to share my story with you guys , and sorry for making an intro this long .

Hayder

Lausten
    Keymaster

sorry for making an intro this long .

No apology necessary. Thanks for sharing your story. We need to know these things are really happening.

3point14rat
    Participant

Hello Hayder. Welcome.

I can’t even imagine the difficulties you’ve experienced in your life. My idea of a bad day is when I go to the lunch room and no one made coffee after emptying the carafe, so I have to do it.

If you need to share more of your story and get stuff off your chest, this is as good a place as any to do it. Your story is sad, fascinating, and all too common around the world.

I truly hope you can settle down and live a calm, safe and happy life.

Hayder
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Sadly its true , life is hard for atheists , but we are fighting for a life without religion , life based on science not on bullshit .</p>

Hayder
    Participant

Thanks 3point , Its truly hard for me , but I am doing my best to keep going and not giving up , but time is killing me because the UNHCR doesn’t give time frame , even their fairly quickly is as of today almost 6 months and still Results didn’t come for my RSD Interview .

I hope one day life will change for the better .

Blaire
    Participant

Welcome Hayder!

WOW! You’ve been through a lot.

Sending good vibes your way 🙌

Hayder
    Participant

Hi Blaire , thanks ☺️

Player
    Blocked

Hayder – did u support the iraq war and invasion by the west?

How about you blair

Hayder
    Participant

First , yes , every Iraqi did support the invasion because Iraq was under economic sanctions since 1990 , and we were dying of lack of food while Saddams regime living perfectly.

But after the invasion , US and its allies left the door open for Iranian to come in and take control as they are the official behind the scene controller of Iraq , and despite Iraq isnt Islamic Republic like Iran or Kingdom Like KSA , but still , Iranian allies created Islamic Militia who began to roam the streets enforcing Islamic law on the people , and while it was in small groups , they become Official in 2014 in the name of Popular Mobilization Forces ( PMF for short ) , and they kill anyone against them as well as LGBT , Atheists and everyone they think isnt suitable to the (Islamic ) society of Iraq .

They are the Law , in my Province Thi-Qar , they forced the court to issue warrants to arrest 4 atheists (including me ) because of the so called blasphemy , but I managed to flee before that .

Player
    Blocked

Hayder

For this

“First , yes , every Iraqi did support the invasion because Iraq was under economic sanctions since 1990 , and we were dying of lack of food while Saddams regime living perfectly”

Can you please reference a poll or public survey to back this up.

TimB
    Participant

Hey dee der!

Congrats for surviving!  Keep it up!

Player
    Blocked

Too bad for the 1 million + who didnt make it past shock and awe

Hayder
    Participant

thanks Tim , I am doing my best

Hayder
    Participant

Player , the internet is available , you can check and you will find enough info about this .

Saddams Regime were taking everything for him and his regime , while the Iraqi people were hungry .

after the war , sanctions were lift from Iraq , but , Islamists took control who are loyal to Iranian Regime .

Player
    Blocked

Hi Hayder. What a surprise you could come up with one citation. So lets get this straight. Even though over 1 million Iraqis died because of it, the Iraq war was  a good thing to happen and was   worth this price?

Is that what your are saying Hayder??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.