Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Hi Everyone , I am Hayder

Forums Forums Introduce Yourself Hi Everyone , I am Hayder

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Hayder
    Participant

What I think doesn’t matter because its something that already had happened but if you wanted to compare between life before and after then here are the good and bad points :

BEFORE 2003
    Positive points :
    1.despite Saddam was dictator , but in same time he was secular (somehow ) , which in his era , we didnt have Islamists roaming the street .
    2.during that time , Iraq was a country that everyone respects unlike now .
    3.Iraq was the base of stability in the region .

Negative points :
    1.during that era , economic was extremely bad , as I had previously mentioned , there were lack of food which led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands .
    2.there where no free speech and democracy , and if you talk about Saddam in a bad way , you and your family members will be sentenced to death cause of Treason ( as he calls it ) .
    3.during elections , there is only Saddam , and each election results comes 100% in his favor ( like there were another one ) .

AFTER 2003

Positive points :
    1.Economic situation much better than before , and everyone can afford to eat 2-3 meals a day , everything become cheaper and salaries raised .

2.Freedom of Speech ( as long as not against ISLAM ) and you can protest .

3.Election are democratic with different parties and views available ( mostly Islamic )

Negative points :

1.Islamists and Extremest took control either officially in Government or non-officially like Militias .

2.Atheists , LGBT , Freethinkers and every humanits become Target for Islamists Militia without penalty .

3.Iraq become a non-respected country , and whenever I go , when I show my passport , people disrespect me.

in overall , it is depend on how you will see it , I didnt say I approve War , as War  always bad and civilians get killed because of it .

I hope things become clear to you .

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Hayder.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Hayder.
    TimB
    Participant

Hayder, Don’t be concerned about Player.  He has strong opinions, based mostly, I imagine, on gases that thrive in his intestines.

Player
    Blocked

Hayder in fact you said everyone in iraq supported the war, so it follows that includes you. Stop obfuscating and put your balls on the line.

Was the war a good thing to happen and worth the price?

3point14rat
    Participant

Player: “Was the war a good thing to happen and worth the price?”

So Hayder is supposed to defend his position to look for outside help to stop the suffering of himself and millions of his countrymen, by using hindsight?

I’m guessing you do target practice by painting targets around where your shots went in.

Stop posting after you ate beans.

Player
    Blocked

Hindsight as in all the things predicted by the opposition to the war to happen in iraq as a consequence of war.

Youre a genius 3 point

3point14rat
    Participant

Player, I’m saying that maybe their situation was so dire that they were willing to take a huge risk. After the fact we can see the consequences of our actions, but before and during the crisis we’re stuck not knowing the future.

“Youre a genius 3 point”

Took you long enough to notice! Now, if we work on your punctuation, people might mistake you for one too.

Player
    Blocked

the situation is so dire that you are going to help them by starving  and bombing the sh@t out of them? The million plus dead iraqis  and the 4 million without a home thank america for this kind help.

3 point just another sick apologist for America wars.

3point14rat
    Participant

We were talking about the Iraqi people being in dire straits and hoping that the US could help.

No one is saying it was good for the Iraqi people or that they would ask the US for help again.

There is a difference between needing help and asking for it, and looking back after the fact and regretting your decision.

Player
    Blocked

In dire straights because ……???

3point14rat
    Participant

Do you honestly not understand that people in a crisis will ask for help from those they wouldn’t normally ask for help?

Player
    Blocked

Where did you get the idea the iraqis where calling for shock and awe??

3point14rat
    Participant

They. Didn’t. Call. For. That. Specifically.

They needed help. They asked for help. They got shock and awe. They realized their mistake.

See how the order of events goes? Time runs in one direction for Iraqi people and me. If you are able to see the future, congratulations.

Lausten
    Keymaster

the situation is so dire that you are going to help them by starving  and bombing the sh@t out of them? The million plus dead iraqis  and the 4 million without a home thank america for this kind help.

3Point is describing the events that happened in their historical context. Player is describing why America is no longer seen as a trusted force for good in the world. It was bad enough when we were covertly overthrowing elected officials and selling guns to fund operations, now we are overtly plundering riches and torturing people who get in our way. Player can’t even tell the difference.

Lausten
    Keymaster

Hey There Hayder;

I heard Allie Jackson speak at a conference a few years ago, but it took me a while to find her organization.

This is a great resource page for asylum seekers.

Tee Bryan Peneguy
    Participant

Wow, Player. I’m brand new here and don’t know the dynamics, but it must be really great to live in a simplistic, black-and-white world as you do.

Hey, I was literally on the streets marching against a US attack on Itaq on March 18, 2003, the night before the Shock and Awe campaign began in Iraq. So I opposed the war strongly from the get-go. Yet people disagree here on the basic facts despite a free press; God only knows what people in other countries are told. And literally every war contains layers of complexity experienced by those who are actually personally affected. So shut up and welcome the man, who has lived through stuff most of us can’t imagine.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.