Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Hi Everyone , I am Hayder

Forums Forums Introduce Yourself Hi Everyone , I am Hayder

This topic contains 96 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  TimB 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 97 total)
  • Author

Player
    Participant

Yeah the old group think except its not thinking but parroting.

Questions persona non grata??

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  Player.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  Player.

TimB
    Participant

So Player, speaking of issues, you go thru tirades of asking ridiculous rhetorical questions of people, seemingly designed to support some sanctimonious, holier-than-thou point that you want to make at their expense.

Heyder is extraordinarily admirable in my book, if his history is factual, re: living according to his beliefs despite the real dangers he has faced from murderous groups who don’t accept his beliefs.  SO don’t you think you are being a bit dickish to continue to harangue him?

Player
    Participant

Just like you, the hyposcrisy is breathtaking.  In your case an obedient servant to capitalism but bitching when it bites you on the arse.

TimB
    Participant

If something bites u on the arse, it is not unexpected that one would bitch about it.  Capitalism is great when it’s great, and it sucks when it sucks.  That is really not a difficult concept.  And I suggest that you do breathing exercises if you are going to freak about someone seeming to be hypocritical, when you don’t seem to understand that concept either.

But understanding is obviously way down on your list of priorities.  You seem content to spew out some sort of memes that you get from god-knows-where that are designed to get a rise out of others.  That is your troll nature, and it’s been getting loose a bit too often lately for my tastes.

Tee Bryan Peneguy
    Participant

Yeah the old group think except its not thinking but parroting

Well, Player. Your choice. You can either look at us as a bunch of parrots, or you can accept the fact that since several people have called you an ass, you should go out and buy a saddle.

If One Person Calls You an Ass, Ignore Them. If Five People Call You an Ass, Buy a Saddle.

Tee Bryan Peneguy
    Participant

I actually am curious, Player: Do you really, honestly not realize your treatment of Hayder was inappropriate and rude? Honestly?

TimB
    Participant

I once worked under a head nurse who would say  “If 3 people call u a horse, you better saddle up”. That was back in the late 70’s.  I haven’t heard it from anyone other than me (or this new version of it) since those days.

Player
    Participant

How many times do i have to ask you why you think so?

So far you have said blame.  A ridiculous accusation

Advocatus
    Participant

Player wrote: “What did i say that you took offence to?”

I’m not saying that you’ve offended me. Maybe you’re just not aware of how spiteful you sometimes come off sounding. There’s nothing wrong with engaging people and asking them questions, but sometimes you make it sound like an interrogation.  People don’t want to be put on the defensive the second they walk through the door, so to speak.

Tee Bryan Peneguy
    Participant

I am losing track of how many people have explained to @player exactly why he upsets people.

Only a fool could hear so many explanations and still not realize he is the problem, not all the other people.

Let’s see if Player is a fool or not.

3…2…1…

Player
    Participant

Advocates  – hayder made a untruthful claim. Just calling it out.

3point14rat
    Participant

“hayder made a untruthful claim. Just calling it out.”

To prevent the [almost] inevitable confusion that is about to unfold, could you please give Hayder’s untruthful claim (feel free to quote rather than paraphrase, so there’s no misinterpretation).

Too often people think they’re talking about the same thing and they aren’t. No harm in reminding us of the specifics to keep us on track.

Player
    Participant

Actually two. One that everyone  in iraq supported the war and the outcomes of the war were not foreseeable

3point14rat
    Participant

When Hayder said that everyone in Iraq was looking to the US for help, it’s unlikely that he meant absolutely everyone. Humans talk that way sometimes. You will get used to how we communicate the more you speak to us. Our writing can range from very formal to very informal and this forum falls in the middle of that spectrum. Keep at it, with enough practice you might be able to pass as a human someday!

Point two was covered in the first few pages of this thread.

TimB
    Participant

One might say that “everyone is doing the latest dance craze”.  In casual conversation that is understood to be hyperbole, meaning a lot of people do it. (It is not typically understood by anyone to mean that every single person in the country is doing the Watusi right now.)  So don’t be a dick about that.

As far as the outcomes of the war not being foreseeable, that is not a lie. There were, I imagine, thousands of critical decisions, or non-decisions, over days, weeks, months, years, by the Bush administration over the course of that war, that could have influenced the outcome of the war in various ways other than the daily, weekly, monthly, yearly shite-show that they made of it.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.