Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Hi Everyone , I am Hayder

Forums Forums Introduce Yourself Hi Everyone , I am Hayder

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Player
    Blocked

The unfluence of iran on iraq not foreseeable?

The outbreak of sectarian war and lawlessness unforseeable?

The high death count and mass migration of people who lost thier homes – unforeseeable?

TimB
    Participant

Another thing, Player.  This is an introduction thread for new people, who are typically not familiar with the forums.  To attack a new person, so aggressively over petty wording issues (especially one who has shared having been thru traumatic events) demonstrates poor socialization.  Perhaps you could go back to kindergarten and learn better social skills.

Player
    Blocked

Attack??. Good one Timb

3point14rat
    Participant

Well, I’m off to my cousin’s wedding until next Tuesday.

Hope to see most of you here when I get back. To anyone not here when I get back, hopefully there’s a forum somewhere out there that caters to your lack of civility and level of literacy.

3point14rat
    Participant

Hopefully Hayder comes back to help explain to Player what he means.

Tee Bryan Peneguy
    Participant

You will get used to how we communicate the more you speak to us. … Keep at it, with enough practice you might be able to pass as a human someday!

I almost responded with something similar, but not nearly so funny!!

Tee Bryan Peneguy
    Participant

Hope to see most of you here when I get back. To anyone not here when I get back, hopefully there’s a forum somewhere out there that caters to your lack of civility and level of literacy.

@3point14rat

Have a great time, and I hope the same.

Tee Bryan Peneguy
    Participant

(especially one who has shared having been thru traumatic events)

And when the person was 12 years old at the time.

Hayder
    Participant

@Player  ,

I really dont know what I should reply to you , my answers were clear but I believe what you want me to say ( or waiting me to say ) that , hey , everyone against the war , well , no one wants war in this World , doesnt matter where are you from , specially if you are living in North America and we live in Middle East , so far , that , you wont hear when the Missiles and Air Strikes hits targets in the neighborhood . not all Iraqi people wanted the war , but how can we say we want it or not ? the Media where controlled by Saddams Regime , secondly , how we would know whats going to happen when Saddam falls ? this was Bush Administration issue , as he will be technically Iraq leader after Saddam falls until there is a Government in Iraq , instead , Bush took wrong turns and made Iraq fall in the Civil War ! , we were living in hell during the years after the war , people killing each other for religion reasons , or for political reasons , dont educate others while you never felt what it feels like to be in a country that goes from war to war .

Iraq now is in history as the real one is over , at least for the foreseen future  , a country controlled by religious cult in the backstage , took an example me , if I go back to Iraq , as soon as I land in the Airport , I will be arrested for blasphemy because I am Ex-Muslim , Atheist now , as Atheist means blasphemy , then I will be in prison for 5 years minimum and up to 15 years , and if I get out alive ( which is not the case for Atheists ) , I will be killed by PMF which is Islamists militias and no one will ask why , or my own family will do the job  .

I lived in hell during my childhood , from Saddams era , to the war in 2003 ( which I was going to die because of an USAF AH64 Apache missile strike near my home almost killed me ) , after that I get attacked by Islamists militias , then I flee Iraq to Egypt for 10 years , when I thought things changed , I comeback and the democracy is lie and now everyone wants me dead because of my secular views and Atheist personality which forced me to flee all again and this time to CHINA , can you believe that , I flee to China !

what I have been through , you wont experience in your life so dont educate me

Tee Bryan Peneguy
    Participant

@Hayder,

@Player is an asshole.

Player
    Blocked

It wasn’t the marxists that helped bring Saddam to power or supported him through his bloody campaign against Iran or the imposition of devastating  sanctions that killed 500 000 children over 10 years while Saddam family were uneffected  and it wasn’t the  marxists that claimed they cared so much about you that they bombed your country back to the Stone Age.

We protested  we rallied we resisted Hayder. We knew this was going to a disaster for you. We knew Hayer. We knew

TimB
    Participant

Heyder said “…what I have been through , you wont experience in your life so dont educate me”

I think he is addressing you Player.  I was going to say something similar:  You must never have experienced any significant trauma in your life or even prolonged periods of high stress.  Maybe that’s the case, which could explain your seemingly non-existent capacity for empathy.

Tee Bryan Peneguy
    Participant

@Player,

How dare you. Seriously, how dare you pretend for a moment that you protested the war out of any legitimate concern for the people of Iraq. There are a lot of reasons to protest war; being against war doesn’t automatically mean you are a good person. And so far I’ve seen no evidence that you are capable of caring about anyone other than your pathetic self.

TimB
    Participant

Player claims to have known the full disaster of what that Iraq war was going to be, before the war even started.

I was much more naively trusting of the government back then. It was not a time when I was constantly keeping careful track of US and world news.  That is my excuse for believing that there were weapons of mass destruction.  I was not opposed to us going in.  However, on a night just after the Shock and Awe invasion, I had begun watching closely. I soon became outraged, as I suddenly recognized, in my mind, that the invasion was structured for failure  (not purposefully structured for failure, I don’t think, but destined to fail if the operation were not majorly upgraded starting immediately).  I had known that Colin Powell was in the administration. Even tho he was Sec of State, I assumed that with his military history, he would have had input into the military action.  I assumed Powell’s doctrine of overwhelming force would be used.  It was not.  “Shock and Awe” was overwhelming while it lasted but it was done, I realized because our administration wanted to do the war on the cheap.  (The Nazi’s did Blitzkrieg, primarily because they knew they would have trouble fielding and supporting their military in a sustained on-going campaign.   So blitzkrieg and “shock and awe” tactics are not necessarily signs of extraordinary military prowess.)

And soon after, our idiotic leaders decided to create a giant power vacuum by completely dissolving (instead of incorporating and controlling) the sunni military men. The supposed great mind and experience of Fog-of-war Rumsfeld was useless. Daily mistakes and inane assumptions and poor war mgt by Cheney, Bush W, and Rumsfeld never seemed to stop.  The war became FUBAR and pretty much remained that way for years. Not providing the military  with proper equipment went on and on.  Massive amounts of dollars disappeared.  The scandal of Abu Gharaid Prison occurred, and so on.  Eventually, it was admitted that there were no weapons of mass destruction.  Oops. My early post-“shock and awe” outrage about the war continued on as impotent rage for years. In my perspective, George W was next to being criminally incompetent in managing the war altogether.  His reliance on Rumsfeld and Cheney was a big time FAIL.

And that’s the way it was.

Hayder, I’ve just read this last page and don’t have the stomach to go back any further.  Yes Player plays at being an arse-hole.  He can’t help himself.

I myself just deleted a few paragraphs listing my disgust at the horrors we supposedly good Americans inflict with such casualness.  The Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. wars were idiotic from the get go, particularly the second which was in reality a War of Convenience and Profit, nothing more, nothing less, the first one was perhaps more a war of ineptness.  How anyone could have imagined the Iraq/Iran meddling ending in anything but horrific chaos that guaranteed terrorism would become mainstream – is beyond me.  {But then I’m constantly being told I’m an idiot for believing in real scientists and what we’ve learned about our global climate engine and how we’re changing that.}

I can only relate to a fraction of what you’ve been forced to lived – and that only because my mother was a teenager in Budapest during World War II, well that’s were she started.  Then she became a refuge running away from one front then the other. Then she and her mother were trying to get to Dresden, but couldn’t make it because her mother was too sick to continue – so instead of getting bombed, she got to witness the Dresden firestorm bombing from a safe distance, with the awareness of what would have happened had they achieved their goal.

It won’t do you any good, but perhaps it’ll be some consolation knowing that those stupid choices have led to cascading consequences that are central to America spiraling out of control, and our current steady slippage away from America’s one time position of global leadership.

As American’s actions are making clear we are being run by a bunch of rich spoiled brats with pea brains who aren’t interested in anything beyond their own enrichment.  Not a good recipe for our future.

Welcome to the Forum, please do start a thread of your own.  Other topics besides our self-destructive wars are welcome.  What’s on your mind?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.