Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Hi Everyone , I am Hayder

Forums Forums Introduce Yourself Hi Everyone , I am Hayder

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Player
    Blocked

“As American’s actions are making clear we are being run by a bunch of rich spoiled brats with pea brains who aren’t interested in anything beyond their own enrichment.”

And your brother blows bubble criticism from citizen

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Player.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by Player.
    Tee Bryan Peneguy
    Participant

I didn’t follow the news then in the way I do today … the Internet was a blip, and my life was far too busy.

Still, as I explained early on, I did march the night prior to “shock and awe.” I recall believing that WMDs were unlikely, that civilians would be killed, and the situation would  become a quagmire.

How did I know this? I’m pretty sure mainly from NEWSWEEK and PBS. These opinions were out there. They just weren’t the norm.

That said, at the time ALL OPINIONS were speculative. No one knew the future, not even the Great and Wonderful @Player. It just so happened we were right.

If our view would have been obvious, then it would have been obvious.

Meanwhile, @Hayden was TWELVE YEARS OLD. Even if he would have been an adult, he lived in an area without the free press and choice of news options we did. And he suffered directly from this.

Besides, war impacts individuals different ways. Surely, “good people” suffered and were killed due to actions by the US and our allies during WWII. Should we be angry at their survivors for the way they may feel?

TimB
    Participant

Heyder, I would also enjoy it, I think, if you pick a topic and begin a thread about something you would like to discuss, or even something you would like to share, like your experience of life in China these days, or anything, really.

Hayder
    Participant

Hi Tim , yes I am going to write about it , specially an experience happened to me just yesterday , I will write it on soon

TimB
    Participant

Thanks

Hayder
    Participant

@TimB , I just did first Part in General Discussion until Life of Iraqi Atheist in China , I am writing it in Parts as its long

TimB
    Participant

I have been following it thru part 3.

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.