Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

How to Contact Richard Dawkins?

Forums Forums CFI Forums Feedback How to Contact Richard Dawkins?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Leocski 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Leocski
    Participant

Dear Admin

Being a researcher on the religion of peace, I have a proposal for a watertight critique [a thematic approach] against the evil and violent elements from religion of peace, how can I contact Richard Dawkins to present my proposal to discuss the matter?

dougsmith
    Keymaster

Sorry, no idea.

Leocski
    Participant

??

I thought this forum is owned by Richard Dawkins or his foundation.

Do you have an email where I can contact Richard Dawkins?

dougsmith
    Keymaster

This forum is part of the Center for Inquiry. If you want to contact someone at the organization (we are all volunteers here) please check:

Contact Us

Thanks!

Leocski
    Participant

Thanks.

Patrick D
    Participant

“Being a researcher on the religion of peace, I have a proposal for a watertight critique [a thematic approach] against the evil and violent elements from religion of peace, how can I contact Richard Dawkins to present my proposal to discuss the matter?”
    Another way of looking at the question is; human males are  innately violent. This behaviour predates any religion.

Without exception, every religion ever invented reflects the society which uses it. There is no such thing as a peaceful or violent religion. Those terms are about as meaningful as  the oxymoron ‘a just war’–War can ALWAYS be justified.Religion is just dandy for that.Common to see every side in a war claiming divine approval and support.

Leocski
    Participant

Note the covenant [divine contract] is the most critical element within the Abrahamic religion to define whether one is a Jew, Christian or Muslim.
    <p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>To be a Muslim, a person must enter into a covenant with Allah to comply with the covenanted terms stipulated in the Quran [supported by the Ahadiths].</p>
    <p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>However, the Quran contains loads of evil laden verses.</p>
    <p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>Thus in principle a Muslim-proper must comply with the terms that contain the evil elements which is against peace with others.</p>
    <p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>Therefore Islam cannot be claimed to be peaceful</p>
    <p style=”padding-left: 40px;”></p>
    The above point is the main thing I want to take up with Richard Dawkins in finding way to justify the above without room for doubts.

On the other hand note, Christianity [I am not a Christian but a non-theist];

<p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>To be a Christian, a person must enter into a covenant with the Christian God via Christ to comply with the covenanted terms stipulated in the Gospels supported by verses from the epistles, acts and relevant verses from the OT</p>
    <p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>The Gospels contain  an overriding pacifist maxim of loving everything, including one’s enemies, neighbor, give the other cheek.</p>
    <p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>Thus in principle a Christian-proper must comply with the terms that dictate the above maxim thus ensuring peace with others in that sense</p>
    <p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>Therefore Christianity is a peaceful religion in that sense.</p>
    Christians who commit evils and kill are not acting as per Christianity. In this case we cannot blame Christianity but the Christian is personally accountable for his evil act as driven by his own evil nature.

It is the same for the Buddhists who commit evil and violence, a Buddhist has to take a vow of non-violence, thus we cannot blame Buddhism itself for the violence committed by Buddhists.

<p style=”padding-left: 40px;”></p>

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.