Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

If you believe all negative news about Trump is "fake…"

Forums Forums Politics and Social Issues If you believe all negative news about Trump is "fake…"

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    @timb
    Participant

Oh, yeah, Tee, but I don’t want to be famous.  Another potential self-serving advantage for Barr investigating the Epstein death, is that they have an excuse for not answering any questions about it (i.e., the typical “We can’t discuss cases while they are under investigation.”

@teebryantoo
    Participant

Re NYT headline…

NYT Top Editor: Trump Racism Headline Was a ‘F*cking Mess’

….During a hastily arranged meeting, lasting well over an hour, top Times leadership addressed the paper’s staff about public criticism the outlet has faced in recent weeks centering around its coverage of Trump, race, and politics. …

Much of the meeting focused on outrage over a headline last week following multiple mass shootings, including one in El Paso that authorities have said was seemingly motivated by racial hatred. The headline, which proclaimed “Trump Urges Unity Against Racism,” faced criticism both outside and within the paper among those who said the publication was papering over the president’s history of racist comments and how Trump seemed to focus on other issues, including violent video games, more than racism and xenophobia.

“He’s sick. He feels terrible,” Baquet said of the person who wrote the offending headline.

The top editor reiterated that the headline was a mistake—“It was a fucking mess,” he told the staff…”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-york-times-editor-dean-baquet-trump-unity-headline-was-a-fcking-mess?source=articles&via=rss

One thing that’s different in journalism than in most occupations, @Player, is that when you mess up, the whole world finds out.

I once made a dumb mistake on a headline and got complaints. I was a mess for weeks. And this was a small paper, pre-Internet. I can’t imagine how it feels to be this guy. People do make mistakes.

In addition, journalists are subject to libel and slander laws, they do get sued and they do lose their jobs.

And it isn’t unusual at all to see media outlets doing autopsies on errors they made.

Is that the case in your occupation, Player? (If you have one.)

@teebryantoo
    Participant

I think Lausten may have a deficiency of hubris

I think they sell a supplement for that.

Luckily, supplements are untested and unregulated, so Lausten doesn’t have to worry about the safety of taking it, like he would an Rx…

@teebryantoo
    Participant

Oh, yeah, Tee, but I don’t want to be famous.

I understand

I’ll cut your head off

@player
    Blocked

Yeah a mess up after public criticism.

@player
    Blocked

Not talling about barr. Talking about the media responsibility to investigate, holding people to account and finding out the truth.

I hold my breath that this will happen as the oligarchs connected with epstein must be protected.  Or are oligarchs only in Russia for you Timb??

@player
    Blocked

<p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>”I don’t want to send your vulnerable psyche into the spin cycle, @player, but not every single thing is like “the run up to iraq war [sic].”</p>
    <p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>It does when it challenges the establishment.</p>
    <p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>Why else would you think the corporate  media will rather support trump over hernie</p>

@teebryantoo
    Participant

One thing that demonstrates intelligence and wisdom, @Player, is knowing a bit about how jobs work, and how the world works, before criticizing.

Not talling about barr. Talking about the media responsibility to investigate, holding people to account and finding out the truth.

I’m sure the media outlets ARE investigating. But they may not “crack the case” for a year or more.

Epstein was found dead August 10. That was 3 days ago. I realize that on TV shows, all the facts are uncovered in an hour (less commercials). In real life, an investigation like this takes months, maybe over a year, and journalists don’t have magical access to the kinds of “evidence” investigators do.

So do you think they should not have reported on Epstein’s death until then? Wouldn’t you be complaining that they were hiding his death from the public?

You don’t read investigative reports very carefully anyway. If you did, you’d know the “Russia collusion” wasn’t as simple as you made it, and hasn’t actually been debunked.

You just want to complain, and any idiot can do that.

@teebryantoo
    Participant

Why else would you think the corporate  media will rather support trump over hernie

Why, pray tell, do you believe “the corporate media” supports Trump for 2020?

@player
    Blocked

:I’m sure the media outlets ARE investigating”

You sure they are with those op eds??

“You don’t read investigative reports very carefully anyway. If you did, you’d know the “Russia collusion” wasn’t as simple as you made it, and hasn’t actually been debunked.:

Speaking of idiots, your epistemology seems to be believe everything until it has been proven false. At least thats what appears here when you use the words not dunked rather than saying Russian collision has been proven.

Thats an extremely dodgy pathway to truth. I hope its was not reflected in your professional career.

@lausten
    Keymaster

I’m thinking of teaching my cat to high five.

@player
    Blocked

Why, pray tell, do you believe “the corporate media” supports Trump for 2020

Are you that much of a doofus to believe the corporate media is neutral on the policies bernie is championing??

@teebryantoo
    Participant

I’m thinking of teaching my cat to high five.

That seems a better way to spend your time than being on this thread.

@teebryantoo
    Participant

You sure they are with those op eds??

Which op eds?

Do you know what an op ed is?

Are you that much of a doofus to believe the corporate media is neutral on the policies bernie is championing??

Are you that much of a doofus to believe “the corporate media” supports Trump?

I hope its was not reflected in your professional career.

I have no reason to think you have ever had a career, professional or otherwise, so I’m not sure why you think I care.

@player
    Blocked

the ones i  gave from the wsws.

WOW! so this is the foundation of your epistemology .  You have some real issues.

“Are you that much of a doofus to believe “the corporate media” supports Trump?”

why the strawman? I said trump over bernie

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 266 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.