Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

If you believe all negative news about Trump is "fake…"

Forums Forums Politics and Social Issues If you believe all negative news about Trump is "fake…"

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    @teebryantoo
    Participant

》You somehow broke out of this cycle, but the majority of people can’t. This means our entire educational system is also in on it.《

This may explain why there seems to be such a strong correlation between Trump supporters, QAnon conspiracy buffs, angry blue collar white people, and people who can’t write proper English, spell or use correct syntax.

They did NOT learn in the US educational system. They feel it failed them. They never had real jobs or a chance at “The American Dream.” Now they just want to punish all of us.

You think that’s true, @Player? Is that what happened to you?

@teebryantoo
    Participant

Just know he had connections with both “sides” of politics and the oligarchs. There is motivation for his silence on all sides.

I think every major news outlet has said that.

That is not evidence he was murdered.

It certainly isn’t a good reason for the President to suggest that the Clintons killed him, which is what he did by retweeting.

@lausten
    Keymaster

Of course it’s not backroom meetings. It’s the water we swim in. My racist cousin just posted a Fox News interview with Alveda King, niece of MLK, where she said Trump is not a racist. She was comparing his remarks to the types of racists she encountered with her uncle back in the 60s. The nuance of it doesn’t matter, what matters is, it’s fodder for the racists. And other people write and say stuff like that and also get paid to do it. Some people pay those people because they are racists, and others because it sells advertisements. And people keep buying it because they keep seeing it, so in that sense, Player is right.

But wait a minute, who made money off reporting on MLK? What about that movie about the news story of when they marched to Selma? A news story about white people marching for civil rights? And a movie about the history of it? You can’t do that for free. How did that get past the racist media moguls? Well, I guess that sold advertisements too, so really there’s the secret-secret cabal that doesn’t care about racism, but just puts enough of each side out there to keep the fight going. That must be it. They probably aren’t even humans, probably lizards in disguise.

@player
    Blocked

You didnt address this key point

So if large pharmaceutical companies is one of your major donors  do you think they would appreciate a guy promoting medicare for all?

Or in the case of amazon, do you think bezos would be over moon with tax increase on the wealthy?”

In these examples and others do you think this has no influence how  news is reported or framed?

@player
    Blocked

Lausten  – its all about the status quo. Corporations love the status quo and attack everything that challanges this when it concerns power and profit

@player
    Blocked

“I think every major news outlet has said that.

That is not evidence he was murdered.”

You asked me  so i responded.

Whats the evidence that he suicided unassisted??

@teebryantoo
    Participant

Citizen – are you happy with the way the media reports and doesnt report on climate change??

This sentence is confusing, but I think @Player has said he doesn’t think the media says enough about this topic.

When people say “The media doesn’t report on _____!” I often wonder what the hell they are reading.

Climate change IS in the news, all the time, to the point where people are immune to it. The world is growing hotter, faster than anyone thought. I just saw several reports yesterday.

And POTUS is a climate denier. There have been many articles on this, too.

Anyone can want more on any given topic, but it’s not true that the press is ignoring it.

@teebryantoo
    Participant

I had asked “Why is it more likely to have been Clinton than Trump?”

@Player
    , if you believe that he WAS murdered, and if you admit both sides benefitted, then you must also admit it could have just as easily been Trump. But 1/3 of Americans would never believe it, even if there were DNA, fingerprints & video of Trump strangling him HIMESLF, because Trump says “Fake News” and it’s all good.

@teebryantoo
    Participant

Whats the evidence that he suicided unassisted?

Does it matter?

@player
    Blocked

Does truth matter?

@player
    Blocked

Climate change IS in the news, all the time, to the point where people are immune to it. The world is growing hotter, faster than anyone thought. I just saw several reports yesterday”

Ahh….. hello there. No its not

@lausten
    Keymaster

“Climate change IS in the news, all the time, to the point where people are immune to it. The world is growing hotter, faster than anyone thought. I just saw several reports yesterday” — Tee

Ahh….. hello there. No its not — P

You literally just said that what Tee saw, she didn’t see. If it is not being reported, then why are all those right-wingers claiming that the left-wing MSM is making crazy claims about AGW and that it is a vast conspiracy of scientists to get grant money?

@player
    Blocked

*You literally just said that what Tee saw, she didn’t see”

Would you like to rephrase this??

@lausten
    Keymaster

What did you mean by “no it’s not”?

@timb
    Participant

You want to confront actual “fake news”?  Confront those who create and weaponize conspiracy theories.  It is such an easy and pernicious and insidiously effective tactic for dispersing misinformation. Confront people in power who pass on and otherwise, slyly, support this form of propaganda and lies.

Conspiracy theories are so easy to construct.  I daresay that I could quickly formulate a conspiracy theory that would, at first measure, have internal consistency, and seem quite compelling and dramatic and probably take on a life of its own and do political damage to the target.  But I still believe in the sanctity of honesty and truth.

The conspiracy theory that the Clintons had Epstein killed doesn’t even seem to have internal validity, because Epstein was in the custody of the federal govt, and the federal govt is currently Trump’s domain.  If Epstein were killed or if he were subtly encouraged to kill himself, by, among other things, giving him the opportunities to do so, it would be so much easier for persons in league with Trump, and in charge of, or with access to the federal prison, to do so, than it would be for the Clintons to somehow overcome the security of the federal prison, and undetected accomplish a murder.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 266 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.