Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

If you believe all negative news about Trump is "fake…"

Forums Forums Politics and Social Issues If you believe all negative news about Trump is "fake…"

• This topic has 265 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by TimB.
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    Player
    Blocked

And its official ( already!!!!)

Epstein death was a suicide. Corporate media “journalists” can go home now

TimB
    Participant

I want to see the details of how they arrived at the official conclusion of suicide.  Has that been released?  Why not?  Why aren’t journalists demanding it?

TimB
    Participant

It’s easy to say that there is no conspiracy.

But it should also be easy to carefully present the findings and explanation of the investigation that came up with the official finding of suicide.

Tee Bryan Peneguy
    Participant

Chief Medical Examiner Barbara Sampson issued a terse statement Friday announcing her conclusion: “After careful review of all investigative information, including complete autopsy findings, the determination on the death of Jeffrey Epstein is below — Cause: Hanging. Manner: Suicide.”

She has shared her findings with law enforcement officials, according to people familiar with the matter, but no further details have been disclosed. They, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the investigations.

Epstein’s lawyers said they did not accept the medical examiner’s findings.

“We are not satisfied with the conclusions,” his legal team said in a statement.

“The defense team fully intends to conduct its own independent and complete investigation into the circumstances and cause of Mr. Epstein’s death.” The lawyers, Martin G. Weinberg, Reid Weingarten and Michael Miller, said they were prepared to sue the government for access to any security video from the time of his death.

Devlin Barrett

This story is unfolding.

The man has been dead for 7 days.

The medical examiner report was released less than 24 hours ago and Epstein’s attorneys are suing.

Why aren’t journalists demanding it?

I am quite certain journalists ARE demanding it.

Folks, journalists are in process of getting information all the time. They don’t always go public with all they know the moment they know it. Journalists need to maintain the trust of their  sources.

Also, journalists don’t have the same abilities as law enforcement. They can’t demand people talk, they can’t access evidence, they have to follow certain channels.

Player
    Blocked

“I am quite certain journalists ARE demanding it.”

Yeah theyre going bust this case wide open. Ouch.

Write4U
    Participant

Player said,

Epstein death was a suicide. Corporate media “journalists” can go home now.

Who are you talking about?    The news media or Epstein’s own lawyers?

“We are not satisfied with the conclusions,” his legal team said in a statement

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Write4U.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Write4U.
    Tee Bryan Peneguy
    Participant

Is my post not visible above?

Here it is again:

“We are not satisfied with the conclusions,” his legal team said in a statement.

“The defense team fully intends to conduct its own independent and complete investigation into the circumstances and cause of Mr. Epstein’s death.” The lawyers, Martin G. Weinberg, Reid Weingarten and Michael Miller, said they were prepared to sue the government for access to any security video from the time of his death.

As I said, this is a developing story. I promise you the press isn’t forgetting about it.

Player, I wish you had an occupation so I could bash it all the time.

Write4U
    Participant

@Tee

Player presented us with a perfect little example of bias.  Objectivity falls by the wayside.

Player
    Blocked

Player said,

Epstein death was a suicide. Corporate media “journalists” can go home now.
    Who are you talking about?    The news media or Epstein’s own lawyers?

“We are not satisfied with the conclusions,” his legal team said in a statement

I said “journalists” you numb skull

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Player.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Player.
    Tee Bryan Peneguy
    Participant

I think the confusion, @Player, is that you seem to be blaming the journalists for reporting what the medical examiner said.

You realize that journalists can’t examine the body and do forensic tests, right…?

They will be reporting on what the Epstein team uncovers. The story is still unfolding.

I don’t think you understand what journalists actually do.

Player
    Blocked

Steady as she goes.  Avoid the probing questions. Keep it quiet. Make sure you distract any in depth analysis with garbage news.  Come on boys you can do it

Lausten
    Keymaster

Like what? What question?

TimB
    Participant

If the medical examiner’s office, and/or whoever else established that the death was a suicide, will not release detailed explanation of how that conclusion was made vs. possible strangulation…  If they won’t provide that info to the public, then a major part of the story should be just that.

Headline:  ME Office Refuses to Explain How Strangulation Was Ruled Out as Cause of Epstein’s Death

Tee Bryan Peneguy
    Participant

The Associated Press has had a long-standing policy not to include info on suicide methods, but Epstein’s case is an exception because it is the subject of ongoing investigations.

As to the details of the Medical Examiner’s report, I can find no reference to them, announced or leaked, online (Google search, mainstream media, or Twitter), newer than 2 days ago when the verdict was announced (and the fact that Epstein’s team rejects the findings and will sue was announced at the same time).

Lots of people on Twitter say they think Epstein was murdered. However, no alternative media source or blogger has come forth with the video, photographs, documents, fingerprints, DNA, or the other proof that this was the case.

A number of QAnon followers believe he is still alive. However, they offer no proof of this.

So, at this point, just a few days in, I dont know what to say. If the Corporate Media is, in fact, covering up a conspiracy, and the Clintons had Epstein murdered, and the ME report has been falsified, then I don’t know why QAnon or even Breitbart, the Daily Caller, The Signal, or any of the “real” news media hasn’t done their job and publicized all those facts.

Player
    Blocked

Keep it togther guys. Cant lose control over this one. Lets make sure we close the disussion on this one.  Ok – having a quick look …… lets see…. oh my word the NYTs!! Take a bow. Outstanding form.

The headline

“Jeffrey Epstein Autopsy Results Show He Hanged Himself in Suicide”

Second headline, “The New York City chief medical examiner’s determination refutes conspiracy theories that he may have been murdered.”

2nd parargraph, just beautiful.

“Mr. Epstein’s death has set off a wave of conspiracy theories, as people speculated online, without evidence, that he might have been killed to keep him from providing information to prosecutors about others in his social circle, including President Donald Trump, former President Bill Clinton and Prince Andrew of Britain.”

Masterclass effort to shut this down. Well done. Keep it up boys and girls.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 266 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.