Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

If you believe all negative news about Trump is "fake…"

Forums Forums Politics and Social Issues If you believe all negative news about Trump is "fake…"

Viewing 11 posts - 256 through 266 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    @lausten
    Keymaster

How exactly would I apply pressure on a news organization?

I see your posts Tee.

@player
    Blocked

Pitched to the corporate news media slow coach

@teebryantoo
    Participant

@Lausten, I really don’t think it is necessary for you, or anyone, to apply pressure to a news organization in order to get reporters to think, “Hmm. I wonder how the ME determined that? I wonder why we don’t have more information?”

I mean, go ahead and write a letter to the editor of your favorite news outlet. Or threaten to boycott an advertiser or two.

But if I had a million dollars, I’d bet it that these questions have already occurred to a journalist or two.

People may be seeing my comments, but I guess I’m not making myself very clear. When you read an investigative report in a publication — I don’t mean just a “hard news” report that comes out a few minutes after something has happened, but in-depth pieces — you are often seeing the result of hundreds of hours of research, interviews, documentation requests, etc., sometimes by entire teams of reporters.

For reasons that should be obvious (including competition between news outlets, and sources that speak off the record), journalists may not tell the public every angle they are looking at and every idea they may have.

A reporter who could crack the case of Epstein’s murder would have the story of the century. Book deals. Movie rights. Job offers. It would not matter if the killer were working for the Trumps or the Clintons.

Do y’all honestly think that the press has just … forgotten about Epstein? Because some baby tigers were born at the zoo?

Wow.

I mean, I know Player thinks all journalists are stupid, but … I guess everyone here does.

As for Player, I am still unclear why this is the fault of the Corporate Media. For the 4th time, now, I have yet to see ANYONE release ANYTHING on this.

Player, you must get your news SOMEWHERE. What are THOSE people saying? Why haven’t THEY cracked the case??????

So … my mom has been in the hospital all week, and she isn’t getting better, and I have been popping in to get my mind off things. But I’m feeling pretty shitty about all this.

I don’t claim all journalists are perfect or even good, but it is hard not to take it  personally and feel defensive when I’m in a place when it feels like everyone thinks we are worthless, stupid, lazy, whatever.

I don’t have the emotional bandwidth for this right now. I’m done.

Player, you are right. I, and everyone like me, is a piece of fucking garbage and should just die.

I’m out.

@player
    Blocked

another disturbed poster   regurgitating nonsense and muddying the waters by falsely paraphrasing the argument for not  challenging power  as  “all journalists are stupid”  shows a myopic understanding of what was said here to this date regarding the  manufacturing of consent and the propaganda model.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Player.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Player.
    @lausten
    Keymaster

Player; I gave you the courtesy of asking you a few questions to see if you had anything to actually say. You don’t. You can barely evaluate what others are saying. This explains why you have so much trouble understanding what you read in the daily news. It must be very frightening to live in a world where people with normal jobs, just reporting what they see, are part of some vast conspiracy intent on destroying everything that makes life livable. Whoever they are, they must be really bad at it, because I’ve heard about them as long as I’ve been alive and somehow, we manage to keep exposing injustice, increasing freedoms, topple dictators and feed starving children.

@player
    Blocked

A“WE MANAGE TO KEEP EXPOSING INJUSTICE, INCREASING FREEDOMS, TOPPLE DICTATORS, AND FEED STARVING CHILDREN”

what universe is this  guy living in?  The corporate agenda has no influence on our news? Why would anyone take notice of anything you say player Lausten??

And to rub it in your face, we have this. Yes sometimes the cracks in the wall do appear. Two MSNBC journalists open up about institutionalised bias in US mass media and lift the lid on the truth about the cultural, class and institutional bias within the mainstream US media.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/52118.htm

@lausten
    Keymaster

When you finally do link a source Player, it just further exposes your inability to read with comprehension, check sources, verify truth and use logic.

@lausten
    Keymaster

I’m aware that sex trafficking is a big problem. I don’t think that accusing the Clinton’s of killing Epstein is a way to combat that. I’m also concerned about separation of church and state issues, excessive use of our military and decreasing power of unions. I’m not wasting my time reading articles that have no evidence behind them. I have much better ways to waste my time.

@timb
    Participant

Tee, I hope your Mom is doing well.   I read and appreciate your posts and perspectives.

Another thought I had about this, is it seems to me that a press conference by the ME office, that explained and responded to questions about how their conclusion was reached was/is in order. I wonder how cut and dried their conclusion of suicide was. i.e., was it clear and obvious?, or was it a toss-up?, or something in between.

@player
    Blocked

“I’m aware that sex trafficking is a big problem. I don’t think that accusing the Clinton’s of killing Epstein is a way to combat that. I’m also concerned about separation of church and state issues, excessive use of our military and decreasing power of unions. I’m not wasting my time reading articles that have no evidence behind them. I have much better ways to waste my time.”

Off on a tangent and still doesnt get it. Struggler.

@timb
    Participant

Tee! Come back to the forums.  We want to hear from you.

Viewing 11 posts - 256 through 266 (of 266 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.