Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

If you believe all negative news about Trump is "fake…"

Forums Forums Politics and Social Issues If you believe all negative news about Trump is "fake…"

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    @player
    Participant

Npr are going to ask the tough questions? Really? Still waiting on your alternative explanation.

@lausten
    Keymaster

Isnt that the crux of the problem? Reporting on what the officials say without question but rather on acceptance

Reporting on what people say is what reporting is. Then they report on what others say, others who question them. Then there is “in-depth” reporting, something you have to wait for and seek out, that puts all that together with other facts and then you, joe citizen, try to form an opinion.

@lausten
    Keymaster

Npr are going to ask the tough questions? Really? Still waiting on your alternative explanation.

I don’t have all the facts. Why would I try to explain what happened in a jail cell 1,000 miles away that I couldn’t get into anyway? I don’t have a lot of faith that I’ll ever know the whole truth, but I’m certain that you don’t know it either.

NPR didn’t have to “ask” anything, they just listened to what Barr said. See definition of reporting above.

@player
    Participant

Reporting it as a fact without any qualifications or an alternative view. Just like the run up to iraq war.

Still waiting.

@lausten
    Keymaster

Cui bono??

I don’t have to answer every stupid question you put up. I know that helps convince you that you’re right, but if I answer this one, you’ll ask something else, and you’ll still be convinced. You have plenty of unanswered points and questions from me. Pick a couple and maybe I’ll consider responding to you.

@lausten
    Keymaster

Reporting it as a fact without any qualifications or an alternative view. Just like the run up to iraq war.

How is someone saying something publicly with recording not a fact? There may be other facts in the future that lead me to believe that they didn’t actually investigate anything. I’ll deal with those when they appear. I can’t have facts about future events like you apparently do.

@player
    Participant

It gets better.

NPR didn’t have to “ask” anything, they just listened to what Barr said. See definition of reporting above”

Has Npr questioned what barr has presented?

@player
    Participant

Take the iraq has WMD headline or as i have recently posted NYT headline that trump wants unity

Still waiting

@player
    Participant

I am asking you if you are good enough to answer. What is your alternative explanation and cui bono?

@timb
    Participant

Barr is keeping the conspiracy idea open, I imagine, in order to deflect from his own responsibility in overseeing the DOJ who have been pathetically incompetent in keeping the highest profile prisoner in federal custody from dying (probably because of the prison’s negligence in following procedures that would have prevented Epstein’s suicide).

The DOJ controls the investigation, so in the unlikely event that Epstein was murdered, they can hide or undermine any evidence.  I say this because, if anyone murdered Epstein, he was totally under the authority of the prison.  The prison is under the authority of the DOJ. The DOJ is under the authority of Bill Barr.  Bill Barr is totally inside Trump’s a-hole.  So if someone murdered Epstein, it is more likely that someone/s in that chain of command had a realistic capacity to commit such a crime, than it would be for some agent of the Clintons.

Player, your last post to me is more gobbledygook.

@teebryantoo
    Participant

I don’t want to send your vulnerable psyche into the spin cycle, @Player, but not every single thing is like “the run up to iraq war [sic].”

@teebryantoo
    Participant

You have plenty of unanswered points and questions from me. Pick a couple and maybe I’ll consider responding to you.

Me too.

@teebryantoo
    Participant

I don’t have all the facts. Why would I try to explain what happened in a jail cell 1,000 miles away that I couldn’t get into anyway?

What is wrong with you, @Lausten? Why are you letting small details like not being clairvoyant; not living in New York City; not being an employee of the US Bureau of Prisons, the FBI or the Justice Department; and not having any personal knowledge about Jeffrey Epstein or his case prevent you from leaping to wild conclusions? Obviously you lack the capacity for rational thought.

@teebryantoo
    Participant

The DOJ controls the investigation, so in the unlikely event that Epstein was murdered, they can hide or undermine any evidence.  I say this because, if anyone murdered Epstein, he was totally under the authority of the prison.  The prison is under the authority of the DOJ. The DOJ is under the authority of Bill Barr.  Bill Barr is totally inside Trump’s a-hole.  So if someone murdered Epstein, it is more likely that someone/s in that chain of command had a realistic capacity to commit such a crime, than it would be for some agent of the Clintons.

OMG!!  I may use this on Twitter sometime. Do you want me to blur out your ID or keep it on there?

@timb
    Participant

I think Lausten may have a deficiency of hubris. (That can lead to not making catastrophic errors, but undermines the production of baseless, confusing and entertaining speculation.)

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 266 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.