Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Intuitionist Model

Forums Forums Humanism Intuitionist Model

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    @timb
    Participant

Well they did not have group predation in their phylogenetic background (like we did as hunters where cooperative communication was a major advantage in survival, with some prey).

@write4u
    Participant

Bonobos are very generous. They welcome strangers in their camps and offer food and sex.

When food is in abundance, Bonobos allow several other species of ape, monkeys, and grazers to roam freely among them.

Even when imprisoned they will release other inmates and share food with them.

Bonobos are good people.

@mikeyohe
    Participant

Holy Crap, Mike Yohe actually was on to something.

This is an acceptable hypotenuse that works with acceptable facts. It is quite dated in that its perimeters used accepted data that man came out of Africa 40K ago and that the cradle of civilization was Mesopotamia. And that the tree of Homo sapiens was complete.

Of course, my posting did not fit these facts. The out of Africa alone blew my postings apart. Where you seem to take one subject matter and play with the logic within. You do not put that subject matter in a timeline and view all the subject matters on the timeline to see if they fit and work together.

The simplest items are items we use daily. Like vegetables, nuts and grains. Such everyday basic items should be well known and thoroughly understood in all aspects of the when, where and whys.

The facts are that they are not understood at all. The posting right now is covering early man and DNA and the connection to apes. Yet, if you look at the DNA there are two branches of ancient humans that make up the DNA of Homo Sapiens that are still waiting to be discovered. This in itself, has the possibility of blowing your cultural anthropology theory right out of the water.

The Out of Africa hypotenuse has been moving from 40K to 300K now. That fits well inside of my postings now. The Mesopotamia as the cradle has been abandon as the cradle of civilization with no apologies from the scholars. Again, works with my posting out of India.

The most interesting part of our past history is the fact that all religions have a common factor. They zero in on the items from the upper and lower gods. An example, when Islam was being put together they tried to use some of the knowledge of the upper and lower gods to build their new religion. They were unable to move the data in a useful format because of the complexity of the system used by the upper gods. They instead went with Jesus.

History is interesting and the good part is new discoveries are now a weekly occurrence.

Point being. Yes, I agree with your early hominid tribe theory. But that is outside of the parameters of my posting. My thinking is the Age of Domestication took place with people as smart or smarter than you and me.

@lausten
    Keymaster

Of course, my posting did not fit these facts. — Mike

Well, we agree so far. Doesn’t really matter what posting you are talking about.

Yet, if you look at the DNA there are two branches of ancient humans that make up the DNA of Homo Sapiens that are still waiting to be discovered.

But not for long. How can there be a branch that isn’t discovered?

hypotenuse – hypothesis

They instead went with Jesus.

The name of my new Christian punk rock band.

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by Lausten.
    • This reply was modified 10 months ago by Lausten.
    @halster
    Participant

Before we had books and teachers we had intuition accumulated over a very long time from curiosity. We often reach into our intuition for decision making thought unconsciously when we need to supplement our contemporary knowledge.

@write4u
    Participant

Mike yohe said; The facts are that they are not understood at all. The posting right now is covering early man and DNA and the connection to apes. Yet, if you look at the DNA there are two branches of ancient humans that make up the DNA of Homo Sapiens that are still waiting to be discovered. This in itself, has the possibility of blowing your cultural anthropology theory right out of the water.

Well, I posted this in another thread, but it bears repeating over and over until the fact that humans and other great apes had a common ancestor is understood and the proof is irrefutable.

Human Chromosome 2 is a fusion of two ancestral chromosomes

IntroductionAll great apes apart from man have 24 pairs of chromosomes. There is therefore a hypothesis that the common ancestor of all great apes had 24 pairs of chromosomes and that the fusion of two of the ancestor’s chromosomes created chromosome 2 in humans. The evidence for this hypothesis is very strong.

Not only is this strong evidence for a fusion event, but it is also strong evidence for common ancestry; in fact, it is hard to explain by any other mechanism.

http://www.evolutionpages.com/chromosome_2.htm

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Write4U.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Write4U.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.