Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Iran

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    @timb
    Participant

Re: the Mueller report, Player, I said pp. 14-22, just for the start of evidence re: what Russia did.  You read page 14, and part of p 15, and you are satisfied that u know best now?

I suspect that you get most of ur news spoon fed to u by the likes of Jim Dore, so of course u will think that Russia did nothing worth considering.

There is a boatload of evidence to the contrary in the Mueller report, but that is beyond your apparent motivation to  read and comprehend. pp 14 -22 is just one component of the Russian interference.  There are subsequent pages of evidence.

@player
    Blocked

wow facebook posts. How evil is that

@timb
    Participant

How evil? About as evil as your willful ignorance seems to be.

@player
    Blocked

You still cant tell me what they did. Either you dont know or there isnt any evidence to support this.

Btw he just twitted about ww3 with iran. Which dem will attack trump on this?

@timb
    Participant

I am not willing to transcribe the MASSIVE amount of evidentiary information that is in the Mueller report, for your convenience.  It would not fit well in this format, and you would probably still not read it.  You would pick out a single phrase that fits well with one of your denial talking points and say something ignorant like “wow facebook posts. How evil is that”.

Trump’s tweet about ending Iran is meaningless.  He uses this sort of macho innuendo as foreplay with mid level autocrats.  This is typically followed by his use of charm and “falling in love” with the mid level autocrat as they have make up “negotiations”.  With high level autocrats (who he fears) he skips the macho bully talk and goes straight to charm.  The problem with Iran, is that they have a fundamentalist streak and are unlikely to buy in to the Trump Macho/Bully/Charm technique.  Also there is at least 1 determined neo-con high in the Trump administration who wants to actually end Iran.  The Iraq war, staged, started, and conducted by neocons did horrible damage to our country.  Another fiasco ignited by neocons, with Trump’s witless cooperation, would make the Iraq fiasco seem like a slight bump in the road in comparison.

@player
    Blocked

Timb

When did you become and war monger and a champion of quietism?

@timb
    Participant

I am not a warmonger.  I don’t know where you came up with that.  And “champion of quietism”???  I looked it up.  “Quietism” has something to do with a Catholic philosophy that originated in the 18th century?  I don’t understand what it is.  I am not religious these days. So again, your question seems to be tethered to nothing that I can figure out.

@player
    Blocked

quietism

calm acceptance of things as they are without attempts to resist or change them

@timb
    Participant

Well that also clears up nothing.  IF u r referring to my post about Trump’s poor negotiating style, I don’t see how u can interpret that as “quiet acceptance”.  It is rather a warning about how horrifically bad things could go with Iran, even tho I don’t believe Trump intends to get us into a war. It is more the possibility that his incompetence and hubris could get us there anyway.  Probably not, but it is not a zero possibility, and the potential destruction is beyond what we want to consider.

I suppose there could be a “wag the dog” scenario if Trump came to believe some devastating evidence were about to come out that would likely remove him from office.  All bets would be off if that were the case. Trump, I think would be capable of some really bad things.

@bigmouth
    Participant

@TimB

Just so.

Often times, in politics and other areas, what one sees as malice is really incompetence  and stupidity. Although, I’m unconvinced that Trump is stupid.   Narcissistic, incompetent, ignorant  and lazy, certainly.

-and people said you couldn’t possibly get anyone worse than JWB. I bet such people are now really feeling  complete drongos.

@bigmouth
    Participant

@TimB

Just so.

Often times, in politics and other areas, what one sees as malice is really incompetence  and stupidity. Although I’m unconvinced that Trump is stupid.   Narcissistic, incompetent, ignorant  and lazy, certainly.

-and people said you couldn’t possibly get anyone worse than JWB. I bet such people are now really feeling  complete drongos.

Millions of followers of Taoism see ‘quietism’ as praiseworthy.

I like the sentiments of “The Serenity Prayer” said at every AA meeting: ( I’ve been a sober member of AA for 17 years)

‘ Lord give my the courage to change the things I can

To accept the things I cannot change.

And the wisdom to know the difference’

From my observation, ‘the power of one’  is pretty much myth.  A lot like one of my favourites, the fatuous “anyone can become president of the USA”

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Patrick D.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Patrick D.
    @timb
    Participant

Not anyone can become POTUS, but obviously a real doozy can.  Trump is not stupid but my guess is that he is just barely above ave IQ at best.

@bigmouth
    Participant

“Trump is not stupid but my guess is that he is just barely above ave IQ at best.”

That was my initial guess too. Then I saw a claim he has an IQ of 156.  BUT, unable to find any evidence for that claim .—He comes across to me as a privileged white male  of modest intellect, who has never read a book**  or done any serious  work .  And/or  is possibly in the early stages of dementia .

Plus, to add insult to injury, he’s a baby boomer.

OR as Sigmund Freud did NOT say ” Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar”. IE the guy is simply the obnoxious  and generally incompetent human  being one would not allow inside one’s house ,that he appears to be.

** have a good look at his use of language in say in his tweets. He uses a very basic, even child-like vocabulary.

@player
    Blocked

Would trump be a war criminal if he war with iran?

@timb
    Participant

Trump had all of the schools he has attended, threatened in order to insure that they keep his records confidential.

Trump IQ at 156?  That is completely ridiculous.  That would be in the 5th standard deviation above normal intelligence.  That would be someone that was so intelligent that it would virtually beam off of them unless they were autistic or had some social disorder that disguised it.

If someone tells u their IQ is above 150, don’t believe it unless they are a successful scientist, mathematician, or has multiple doctorates, or somesuch, or they show u the results of an IQ test done by a licensed psychologist..

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.