Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

It says “Introduce Yourself — so I am!

Forums Forums Introduce Yourself It says “Introduce Yourself — so I am!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    @drhansenjr
    Participant

My name is Dan from the burbs of Chicago. Born-again Evangelical Protestant until my late teens, by which time I’d read The Book cover-to-cover a few too many times until I began to see what it was really saying — at which point I walked away. For many years thereafter I was essentially a “passive non-theist” who just tuned religion out of my life. Only in the past 10 years or so have I become more intellectually engaged. My current focus is on the formation of a foundation to raise funds to support neurological and mental health studies into the potential effects of the long-term indoctrination (particularly religious) on children, and to question the ethics of doing so. I don’t want this to come across as a blatant plug for the foundation, so I’ll leave it at that. If you’re interested. just ask.

Good to be on board!

@3point14rat
    Participant

Hi. Good to see a new person join.

Hope you engage in some conversations soon.

@timb
    Participant

Welcome, Dan.

@drhansenjr
    Participant

Thanks, Tim!

@drhansenjr
    Participant

Thanks! Hope to find the experience here a little more reasonable than what I encountered on reddit! I a bit over-fixated on my own project now, but I will indeed participate as much as I can.

Burbs of Chicago.  I remember them when they were mostly farm fields and such, especially Carol Stream, Wheaton way, 1960s.

Chicago boy myself, Lakeview District.  Well till 1968, when I got hauled out to the California Bay Area.  Lucky boy I was.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.