Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Megxit

Forums Forums General Discussion Megxit

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    @timb
    Participant

https://www.inc.com/minda-zetlin/prince-harry-meghan-markle-leaving-uk-royal-family-racism-tabloids.html

“…there was Rachel Johnson, prime minister Boris Johnson’s sister, who commented that Markle had “rich and exotic DNA.” There was the BBC commentator who tweeted an image of Meghan and Harry holding hands with a chimpanzee and joked that it was their son. There was the Daily Mail headline “Harry’s girl is (almost) straight outta Compton,” on a story that enumerated the recent crimes that have taken place near Markle’s childhood home, and listed all the street gangs known to operate in the area, reminding the reader again and again that the neighborhood where she was born “couldn’t be more different” from the tony environment in which Prince Harry was raised…”

Racists and right wingers are growing in prominence across the world, including in the UK.  And it is f’ing up a lot of nations.  The UK is still Brexit challenged due to them, and have now lost the asset of Harry, Meghan, and Archie, due to them.

@sree
    Participant

Tim: You said “There are no bastards in the secular world.” Now you say “Of course, there are bastards among royalty.”

Royalty are people of religion. They wed in places of worship. Kids, of slores, born out of wedlock are bastards not included in the line of succession.

In the secular world, traditional (aka religious) rules don’t apply. It’s ok to sleep around. If you have a kid, it’s called a love child. If you don’t want the baby, you abort it. No bastards.

@sree
    Participant

Tim: The UK is still Brexit challenged due to them, and have now lost the asset of Harry, Meghan, and Archie, due to them.

Harry is not a loss. He is sixth in line to nowhere. Meghan and Archie don’t count. Meghan is the second woman from America to mess with the British Crown. The first was Wallis Simpson who caused  King Edward VIII to abdicate the throne.

Meghan is trouble. She was a long shot. The Queen must have known it but had to go along with her millennial grand dud. The old girl is smart enough to know that this was an opportunity to eject the American and her kid. Chucking Prince Harry is a small price to pay. It’s not going to be good.

Prince Harry, the liberal progressive, is not King Edward, the conservative. The old guy stayed with his partner till death did they part. The young punk will return to grandma. He can’t dress up without his butler.

@timb
    Participant

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/royal-weddings-14-billion-economic-impact-heres-the-boost-by-sector-2018-05-14

Just the wedding of Harry and Meghan, stimulated the UK economy by probably more than $1B.  They were more popular than the golden family of Kate and Harry’s older brother.

Meghan and Harry are no longer Royals.  So no worries about who might be a bastard.  Now they can stimulate their own economy and that of wherever they spend their time (Canada, US).

Who cares who is in the Royal line of succession?  Elizabeth is looking to be the 1st Monarch (afaik) to break 100 years of age.  She looks the same as she did 20 years ago, and she is in her 90’s now.

@timb
    Participant

Do you hate sweet little Archie because he is part African American?

@sree
    Participant

Archie is African American? Good lord!

It never occurred to me he could be an issue. I guess it’s better for him to comes back to the USA.

The House of Windsor is no place for him. What was Meghan thinking?

Come back, Archie.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by Sree.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by Sree.
    @timb
    Participant

As usual, Sree, you are wrongo bongo.  It is not the Windsors who have been racist towards Meghan and her baby.  It is trash media and internet trolls.

“…in late 2016, the same year it was announced she and Prince Harry were dating, the prince put out a statement condemning the “wave of abuse and harassment” Markle had already been subjected to. That included “the racial undertones of comment pieces” and “the outright sexism and racism of social media trolls and web article comments.

and “…the press has talked about her “exotic DNA”; described her as “(almost) straight outta Compton”; attacked her for the very things that Kate Middleton, Prince William’s white wife, has been praised for; and compared the couple’s son to a chimpanzee.

https://www.vox.com/first-person/2020/1/17/21070351/meghan-markle-prince-harry-leaving-royal-family-uk-racism

@sree
    Participant

Tim: As usual, Sree, you are wrongo bongo. It is not the Windsors who have been racist towards Meghan and her baby. It is trash media and internet trolls.

If what you say is true, then Meghan should take lessons from President Trump on how to deal with low lives. You’ve got to put aside your Christian values and spit on those who do harm to you. It is easy to do it from a high place in life as a British Royal or the President of the USA.

@timb
    Participant

Perhaps the Duke and Duchess will be impressed with your “sage” advice, Sree.  Perhaps instead of just spitting on the yellow journalists and paparazzi, they could teach baby Archie to throw feces at them.  After all the detractors consider Archie to be a chimpanzee.  The resulting paparazzi pictures of Harry, Meghan, and Archie, spitting and throwing feces would go a long way to establishing a bit of respect… NOT!

You have some messed up ideas, often times.  But at least you are thinking.

@timb
    Participant
    @mriana
    Keymaster

I think it’s great in that Meghan can be herself, have the career she wants, eat the foods she wants (allegedly royals have to avoid foods with garlic- bad breath from it, not superstition), if she wants her hair to go natural she can, etc etc. Basically doesn’t have to have a stiff upper lip if she doesn’t feel like doing so or hide behind a facade (looks wrong, but spell check says that “fa-saud”. Looks like Fa-cade”). Henry doesn’t have to worry about Meghan ending up like his mother with an eating disorder/mood disorder etc due to the pressures of all the royal duties. He too can be who he is.

@sree
    Participant

Aristocrats don’t have careers, Mriana. The working class have careers in the professions and trades. Being a duchess is to be right up there on the totem pole of British peerage. It’s ok for Meghan but Harry was a prince. He lost everything like a Greek god cast down from Heaven. Think of the men who suffered on account of love. Adam was chucked out of Paradise; Samson, betrayed by Delilah, had his eyes gouged out and killed in a temple he destroyed; and poor Bill Clinton.

@timb
    Participant

Harry is not a Greek God cast down from heaven. If 40 years from now, he somehow becomes next in line for the throne, the Brits will probably welcome him back with open arms.

I think that he is in high cotton, now. But then I don’t value the monarchy the way he probably does.

And, Sree, what’s up with your blaming the women of history for all the suffering of men? Some people claim that there’s a wo-oh-man to blame.  But I know. It’s your own damn fault.

@sree
    Participant

Harry is not a Greek God. Damn right. He is a liberal.

This is a Greek God:

@sree
    Participant

Tim: And, Sree, what’s up with your blaming the women of history for all the suffering of men? Some people claim that there’s a wo-oh-man to blame. But I know. It’s your own damn fault.

Don’t be like a mainstream media journalist and put words in my mouth. I said “love”, not women. Folks who read what you say will jump on the bandwagon of hate to run sexist me out of town. They won’t verify what I actually said because it’s not their predisposition to give me a fair shake.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.