Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Megxit

Forums Forums General Discussion Megxit

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    @timb
    Participant

Here are your actual words Sree:

… but Harry was a prince. He lost everything like a Greek god cast down from Heaven. Think of the men who suffered on account of love. Adam was chucked out of Paradise; Samson, betrayed by Delilah, had his eyes gouged out and killed in a temple he destroyed; and poor Bill Clinton.”

You blame the suffering of men on their “love” of women.   If that is not sexist, then you are not a T rump lover.

Frailty, thy name is Sree.

@sree
    Participant

“Love of women” is your concoction. I was thinking about the lack of backbone in the men I cited. It’s corruptibility, the absence of moral compass. Seven Deadly Sins are not superstitions. I was being poetic in my use of words.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by Sree.
    • This reply was modified 9 months ago by Sree.
    @timb
    Participant

So in your “poem”, you were “really” saying that a man, such as Harry is a weak willed sinful person who is a victim of his own corruptibility and lack of a moral compass.

I don’t consider that an accurate portrayal of Harry.  But you claim poetic license, so I guess that means that what you assert is not straightforward credible information but, rather, is a kind of performance “art”.

@sree
    Participant

We, Trump and myself included, are all weak-willed, corruptible and sinful people, Tim. This is a Christian belief. You don’t consider that as an accurate portrayal of Harry, of yourself and all who share your belief in atheism. You are not who we are. You have no sin. No God, no sin.

@timb
    Participant

Oh no.  I don’t need Christianity to teach me that people are corruptible.  T rump is corruption incarnate, and he tends to corrupt anyone who enters his orbit.  I don’t need the concept of sinning against a supernatural made up deity, in order to have a sense of right and wrong.

I have morals.  I believe that humans must, as social creatures, have morals.  Your Golden Orangish Calf, that you also worship (T rump) doesn’t have any morals that conflict with what is in his own self-interest at any given moment.  And in your corruptibility, Sree, it appears that the infection of T rump’s immorality has infected you, bigly.  You celebrate corruption.

Harry seems to me to be a pretty morally intact person.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.