Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

My name is Nandip from Nigeria

Forums Forums Introduce Yourself My name is Nandip from Nigeria

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nandip Andrew
    Participant
    1. Hello everyone, my name is Nandip Andrew from Nigeria, a member of board of trustees of Humanist Association of Nigeria and also a board of trustees of Atheist Society of Nigeria. I am new here, I will be  very happy to learn new things here.
    Lausten
    Keymaster

Cool. Welcome

Welcome Nandip, We’d love to learn some things from you too.

How many members does Humanist Association of Nigeria have?  How big a challenge is it being a Humanist and free thinker in Nigeria?

Tee Bryan Peneguy
    Participant

Welcome!

I’m assuming that there aren’t a lot of people identifying as non-believers or atheists in Nigeria. Am I right?

Blaire
    Participant

Welcome Nandip!

Nandip Andrew
    Participant

Thank you all for the welcome messages. I am very happy to be here, I have been an atheist for 8 years and the challenge is great.

We have over 139 members in the organization, over 80% of this numbers are in closet, meaning, they are not open as atheist, they either go to church or mosque because of fear of their family, friends and love once. The organization major challenge was members are not active to move the organization to a proper position. Lack of fund is another thing that hinder our message across, like through local news paper, Radio and Television. I hope to learn more here.

Thank you all.

Nandip

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.