Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Post awaiting moderatoin

Forums Forums Issues & Complaints Post awaiting moderatoin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    @widdershins
    Participant

I just had a post say it was awaiting moderation.  I’m just curious what triggers that.  Too many links or something?  I had 3 or 4 in a short post.  I’d like to avoid triggering more work for you guys in the future.

@mriana
    Keymaster

Yes, a lot of links, a lot of pictures, or both can do that, from what I can tell. I sometimes fear of possibly having to approve my own post or ask Lausten to approve it, because of how many links I put in it. Looking at your post, I’d say trigger was having more than one link, but if you post multiple posts in a row, one of them could set off the forum and it would need approval. The biggest thing to prevent a post from triggering mod approval is to avoid using or quoting (I mentioned this the other day) too many links in a post. The same holds true for pictures too, from what I can tell.

@widdershins
    Participant

I’ll keep that in mind for the future so I don’t put unnecessary work on you guys.  Thanks.

Usually in moderation doesn’t last too long.

I’ll sometimes break up my URL, replacing dots with lines, which works pretty good.  If you get notified your post has gone to moderation I’ve found I can ‘back page’ and get it back into edit mode and make some adjustments.

Sometimes it seems like there might well be some word (or word combinations) that’ll trigger moderation also, but in my experience that’s been way rarer than URLs being the trigger.

@lausten
    Keymaster

I wish there was just a list, but we don’t have that. Even if I was privy to the scripting, there are still mysteries of the software that only the original coder knows. Okay, I can’t know that or not, but you get my drift.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.