Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Seeking recommendations for alternative treatment for anxiety!

Forums Forums Alternative Medicine Seeking recommendations for alternative treatment for anxiety!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    @timb
    Participant

Maybe you could hypnotize him to do all of the things we have suggested.

@teebryantoo
    Participant

Long story short — I find CBT helps with certain things, but I have to be careful. I have also used it to gaslight myself in a bad way.

Lots of free resources are out there for self-hypnosis, online and in phone apps. I think it would work better to start IRL, but if that isn’t possible, I would seriously try one of the free options before totally giving up.

@teebryantoo
    Participant

LOL but really…

I am very new at this but totally intrigued. I want to go farther, and have thought about learning how to do it for others. I think it is an underutilized tool.

@teebryantoo
    Participant

LOL but really…

I am very new at this but totally intrigued. I want to go farther, and have thought about learning how to do it for others. I think it is an underutilized tool.

@timb
    Participant

You can say that again.  Oh. You did.

@jamescoleman420
    Participant

Hey hit me up I got the best solution for that ,had a family member who had once suffered from that and was later on cured, so hit me up through my contact and let’s have a better talk

@noursami369
    Participant

Hi,

The method I tested personally is the one I found on this video (very well explained). it is based on the breath and you must practice it so that it becomes sympathetic.
    I leave you below  the link http://eunsetee.com/caG3
    good luck.

@iopsydoc101
    Participant

Will star gazing work for you?

And nature observation?

Sometimes our brain needs to get proper imaging to feel relieved. Sound therapy is beautiful too. I have tried crystal healing and I do feel when negative ions around us are absorbed in crystals then it can help us feel better. Saltwater baths are equally good. Drink detox water with cucumber and lemon in it.

Do not wear dark colors. Switch to light pastels, it is part of color therapy.

Which activity do you like the most? Music, hanging out?

Do what you like for a while and do not fret about what society is thinking for a while. Sometimes, judgment pulls us down.

Also, I will suggest you to go for cognitive behavioral therapy. Be away from traditional medicine as it can lead to side effects leading to more confusion and nervousness. And switch light bulbs around you, put a golden light and not the white one.

Watch breathing carefully and let it go.

@nadiaishere01
    Participant

Anxiety is pathetic to deal with. I hope you feel better in no time. You need to learn to fight it with all your bravery and strength. Maybe CBD wasn’t used properly, or the dosage was not as per your body’s requirement, but I have friends who felt a lot better after they started taking it. Make sure it is legal in your State. I would recommend using Medical Cannabis in controlled doses. Talk to some of the experts around you in your area. You can start meditation to relax your body and disconnect from the chaotic world. Try to nip the Anxiety causes in the bud and inspect what triggers it. I hope this helps.

@axel410
    Participant

Interesting array of suggestions, I believe physical activity, then relaxation / meditation then medical/drugs/counseling are good steps to follow.

Never really thought about hypnotherapy, but I would not be opposed to trying it.

@enochhewitt
    Participant

i had pretty the same problem and was advised to do physical activity, meditation, and regular 8 hours of sleep. also, i was supplied with balanced nutrition that includes natural nootropics – food that contains DHA and EPA, vitamin D3, ginkgo biloba, etc. you can additionally surf on google. it was hard to stick to the diet, so i consulted with my mentor and she said that i can replace natural nootropics with synthetic ones. they work just like general health enhancers. if you are interested i contacted realchems online shop. they have good customer support and can give you really deep consultation

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.