Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Sympathy For The Liberal

Forums Forums Politics and Social Issues Sympathy For The Liberal

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 159 total)
  • Author
    @steveklinko
    Blocked

Bullcrap!  Those people will very likely NOT vote at all, because they have cynically given up on non-violence.  They don’t believe voting will bring justice.

But you, klinko, are being coy with your implied lies about Biden.  A vote for Biden means LESS DEATH to police, because Biden accepts that there is a problem with cops killing people of color, unjustifiably.  You change that and the violent ones have no more motivation for violence.

Deny it and vote for the tRump and the problem goes on.

Woo … Wooooo …

@timb
    Participant

Woo … Wooooo …

You don’t say?  How did you become so articulate?  Listening to tRump hack speeches?

That song by the Rolling Stone was one of the worst efforts the band made, moronic twaddle leftover in Mickey’s scrambled mind from a nightmare LSD trip gone bad perhaps. They were a good rock band with some excellent tunes and their best was “Gimme Shelter”, a great antiwar song.  “Sympathy for the Devil would be more humanely offered to listeners of this noise masquerading as a song  I’d rather hear the sound of two elephants grunting and F—-ing in a swamp all night long than one verse of this mindless piffle.

@sree
    Participant

You change that and the violent ones have no more motivation for violence.

This sounds like a threat. It won’t work against folks who tamed the west.

@lausten
    Keymaster

This sounds like a threat. It won’t work against folks who tamed the west. — Sree

I keep thinking I’ve run out of things to be shocked by, but this one is really confusing, and it’s not just Sree. Much more sane and intelligent people are having trouble with the concept of self defense.

It’s not the same as imminent threat, but if people in your group are under constant attack, there is a point where it is moral to defend yourself against the group that is attacking yours. Rules of engagement still apply, but putting up a fight is not a threat under those circumstances.

@sree
    Participant

Much more sane and intelligent people are having trouble with the concept of self defense.

It all depends on who started the cycle of violence first. If there were no lawbreakers, we wouldn’t need law enforcers to defend the lawful.

@steveklinko
    Blocked

All the America haters … and all the Capitalist haters … will certainly vote for … can you guess his name? He would be pleased to meet you and introduce himself … if only you answer his plea: What’s my name?

@steveklinko
    Blocked

All the America haters … and all the Capitalist haters … will certainly vote for … can you guess his name? He would be pleased to meet you and introduce himself … then take your vote. That’s the nature of his Game.

@lausten
    Keymaster

It all depends on who started the cycle of violence first. — Sree

Well, you get that part. But I don’t see you applying it correctly to the current situation.

All the America haters … and all the Capitalist haters …

Interesting language, ancient Romans would frequently call Jews “god haters” because they steadfastly refused to acknowledge any of the Roman gods.

It’s Donald Trump and his mindless followers who seem to hate America and its democratic traditions. It’s Donald Trump and his followers who have no faith or appreciation for free and fair elections. It’s Donald Trump along with his followers who find nothing wrong with separating children from their parents and putting them in cages. Critics of Trump are not the ones who hate.

I can’t look into someone’s mind and say what they hate or not but I firmly believe those supporting Trump certainly have no love for this country.

@timb
    Participant

edited by sree from a TimB post, so as to reply to it: “You change that and the violent ones have no more motivation for violence.”

sree’s reply: “This sounds like a threat. It won’t work against folks who tamed the west.”

And to that I say, NO WAY.  It IS NOT a threat.  It is a prediction of what could be.  A description of a problem and a solution.

That it scares you SO MUCH, suggests that you have no confidence at all that your guy could successfully deal with a real problem like that.  SO SCARED that you come up with the delusion that someone is threatening you,  Because that is what you CAN DO.  You CAN project every bad thing that you do as being the fault of your opponents.  You CAN LIE and try to instill a herd mentality among tRump groupees.  You CAN enhance DIVISION among Americans.  You CAN make things worse.

@timb
    Participant

All the America haters … and all the Capitalist haters … will certainly vote for … can you guess his name?

This must be important to you, I think, since you keep on asking.  So let me think…

Analyzing the clues within the question, itself, I have ascertained:

1. The answer is someone whose gender is MALE.
    2. He is someone that is a candidate of some election.
    3. He is someone that klinko believes that ALL America Haters will, for sure, Vote for.
    4. And he is someone that klinko believes that ALL Capitalist Haters will, for sure, Vote for.
    5. And like any politician, he would like to meet you and introduce himself and get your Vote.

Now one would think that, given the title of the thread, klinko is suggesting that the answer to his subpar riddle, would be “Joe Biden”.

However, this is inconsistent with clue #3, above.  BECAUSE people who hate America (like the Russians hate America) would NEVER Vote for Joe Biden.

AND who is MORE a basic capitalist than WORKING CLASS JOE BIDEN??? SO who are all the “Capitalist Haters”?  The “extreme liberal” AOC?  Last I noticed, she still works for a living, pays taxes, buys stuff.  She still appears to me to me to be a pretty solid capitalist.  But any way she is MORE liberal than Joe Biden.

We know, that the answer is not AOC, though, because of clue #1.

There’s Bernie, but he is not in the most important election, now.

That leaves the tRump.

Ok, that’s my guess, the Satan that the OP references is :   the tRump!

Is that right?

@steveklinko
    Blocked

All the police defunders … and all the police dismantlers … will certainly vote for … can you guess his name? He would be pleased to meet you and introduce himself … then take your vote. That’s the nature of his Game.

@timb
    Participant

Well you’re still being coy and obtuse.  Joe still can’t be the answer, because Joe has repeatedly come out against “defunding” the police and has very rigorously distinguished demonstrators and protestors from arsonists, looters and property destroyers.

If only there was a clue that said “ALL the REPUGLIARS will certainly vote for…

then we would know for sure that the answer is the tRump.

The tRump, promoter of death by COVID, ally of white supremacists, divider of our Union, and destroyer of democracy’s institutions’ protective balance of power, denier of climate change, enemy of science, seeker of his own private Autocracy, has a game whose Nature all know by now.  The Nature of his game is to LIE and to gather the LIE BELIEVERS to be his patsies, and to corrupt his enablers and cronies to also become unparalleled LIARS.

That must be it. Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! The tRump is the Satan Character!  I win!  I win!

That was fun, even though the riddle was crappy and the answer was the “least incorrect”, at least it serves to highlight the evils of the tRump.

And it was kind of klinko to show sympathy for the liberals who suffer the honesty of seeing the tRump for the monster that he is.

@steveklinko
    Blocked

Well you’re still being coy and obtuse.  Joe still can’t be the answer, because Joe has repeatedly come out against “defunding” the police and has very rigorously distinguished demonstrators and protestors from arsonists, looters and property destroyers.

If only there was a clue that said “ALL the REPUGLIARS will certainly vote for…

then we would know for sure that the answer is the tRump.

The tRump, promoter of death by COVID, ally of white supremacists, divider of our Union, and destroyer of democracy’s institutions’ protective balance of power, denier of climate change, enemy of science, seeker of his own private Autocracy, has a game whose Nature all know by now.  The Nature of his game is to LIE and to gather the LIE BELIEVERS to be his patsies, and to corrupt his enablers and cronies to also become unparalleled LIARS.

That must be it. Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! The tRump is the Satan Character!  I win!  I win!

That was fun, even though the riddle was crappy and the answer was the “least incorrect”, at least it serves to highlight the evils of the tRump.

And it was kind of klinko to show sympathy for the liberals who suffer the honesty of seeing the tRump for the monster that he is.

Woo … Wooooo …

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 159 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.