Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

T rump has shown us that we can assassinate oppositional foreign leaders

Forums Forums Politics and Social Issues T rump has shown us that we can assassinate oppositional foreign leaders

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    @thatoneguy
    Participant

You said: We have had small numbers of military advisors in Iraq since 2014, so blame Obama.Oneguy said:” We have had small numbers of military advisors in Iraq since 2014, so blame Obama.”

My reply: We left Iraq in 2011, because as a sovereign nation we respected their right to tell us to leave. We came back to help them when they desperately needed help. So how is it Obama’s fault that T rump is getting us kicked out again, NOW? Obama, you bastard, how did you finagle this while vacationing on some rich friend’s yacht while fishing for Marlin? Poor T rump, Obama is always out to get him. Oneguy, Assad and Putin have taken over northern Syria, securely now. That’s with the assist from Trump who ran from the Turks like a bad dog who had no loyalty for his friends (the Kurds). How about alienating our traditional allies from wanting to have anything to do with us in the mid east? That’s good by you?

We don’t have any traditional “allies” in the ME besides Israel — which was established by America (and Britain) as a proxy western nation in the region.  Other than that we have people we use when convenient for us.

As for Obama, he involved us in Operation Inherent Resove, that why American troops are there right now.  Trump inherited that shitshow and can’t be blamed for them being there. He can be blamed for not pulling them out in 2017, though.

@sree
    Participant

Oneguy: Yes. We cannot decisively defeat an insurgency in their own backyard.  The time to GTFO was years ago.

There are folks like Tim who want the US to stay in the Middle East to play the good guy protecting the weak. I wish there is a way to bill them do-gooders so my tax dollars can go towards needs of Americans in the homeland.

@thatoneguy
    Participant

Also it is fine by you if we breach international laws and commit war crimes, because no one can do anything about it? Because we are too big for anyone to do anything about it? It was that way for Nazi Germany until they lost a really big war.

Germany was never a global military empire like America, and global empires make the rules and enforce them.

So when you were an active ‘warfighter” would you have been fine with committing war crimes that you were ordered to do?

That’s what’s called an unlawful order and military personnel have a duty to disobey unlawful orders.

@write4u
    Participant

“Might makes Right”…huh .  That is a gangster’s attitude.

@sree
    Participant

One guy: That’s what’s called an unlawful order and military personnel have a duty to disobey unlawful orders.

This is a tough call. Soldiers in action need to respond to direct orders from their superior officers without hesitation or you don’t have a military force. Liberal values are destroying our country. We need to bring the draft back and instill discipline into our kids. Ten hut!! Officer on deck.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Sree.
    @timb
    Participant

Sree, please tell me that you are a cartoon character.

@timb
    Participant

Oneguy, Poor T rump.  You blame the whiny little bitch, T rump, because he didn’t pull troops out of Iraq 3 years ago.  But you blame Obama because what? T rump shouldn’t have had to undo things that Obama did?  His entire presidency has been 1) gleefully undoing things Obama did, and 2) continuing his 2016 campaign without end.

3 years of Trump brother.  It ain’t Obama’s fault anymore.

@timb
    Participant

And I guess you guys would prefer that the Islamic State was now a thriving nation in place of the former territory of Iraq and major parts of Syria.  Wouldn’t that be pretty?

@sree
    Participant

Oneguy calls it as he sees it, Tim. If Trump wasn’t on the ball and took our troops out in 2017 like said he wanted to do, Oneguy pointed that out. He wasn’t cool about Obama’s shitshow and said so also. In that sense, Oneguy was pretty balanced, objective and non-biased. You are just one way, one-sided dead against Trump no matter what. Not good.

@sree
    Participant

Tim: Sree, please tell me that you are a cartoon character.

You liked that clip, didn’t you? You are a danger to the nation, Tim, if you keep hating our President. Here is another clip for your education. Picture Trump as the colonel and you are Tom Cruise.

@lausten
    Keymaster

Picture Trump as the colonel and you are Tom Cruise.

So Trump is the lying liar who sends people to die and hides behind words like “truth” and “honor”.

@timb
    Participant

Sree, how old are you?  Only so much naivety can be excused by immaturity.  We are not in the movies.  We are in a much more ridiculous plot line.  I am no danger to my nation, T rump is.  I am strongly biased against T rump as should be any reasonable American.  Oneguy has his own biases but he does seem to make an effort to seem balanced and objective;  Imo, being balanced about an unbalanced Dictator wannabe, is a tragic mistake.

@mriana
    Keymaster

So according to you, @Sree, the dotard has the right to commit crimes and not have articles of impeachment against him? So you want a dictator? Nice to know, but that’s not a democracy. Eventually, no one will have the right to vote and the dic will stay in there for life, killing whoever he wants, just like Putin does. Of course, the dotard is Putin’s puppet and that puppet have people to steal the election again.

@mriana
    Keymaster

Oneguy said, “Germany was never a global military empire like America, and global empires make the rules and enforce them.”

Sehn keil? Nein sprechen deutsch? Schade. When Hitler was ruled and had the Third Reich, that was a military empire. He took over a lot of countries in southern and eastern Europe and what he didn’t take, Russia did. Both he and Stalin killed a LOT of people. Hitler ordered his men to kill 6 million Jews and almost as many non-Jews, including the disabled. He even had doctors make some humans into science experiments, which many did not survive. He had a huge killing machine. If he didn’t like you are you were on the list of people he didn’t like, you were killed- just like the dotard has a list of Latinos, those he doesn’t call Xian, Jews (yes, them too) etc. Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory, making them U.S. citizen and the dotar the [alleged] president, but he won’t claim them as U.S. citizens. He has had many Latinos murdered, kidnapped their children, and encouraged violence against non-whites. He had medical care denied children that he ordered kidnapped and they died. Not much different from the fuhrer.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Mriana.
    @mriana
    Keymaster

@Sree

We need to bring the draft back and instill discipline into our kids

Really? I think Edwin Starr said it best, since we are doing videos and all (hope you like it. [sarcasm]):

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.