Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

T rump has shown us that we can assassinate oppositional foreign leaders

Forums Forums Politics and Social Issues T rump has shown us that we can assassinate oppositional foreign leaders

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    @thatoneguy
    Participant

Soldiers wouldn’t know what is unlawful. Even the Commander-in-Chief has to have a team of lawyers to review his orders to cover his ass before a missile strike. You know the situation out there better than I do. I can only imagine that in a typical situation, as a soldier armed to kill or be killed, there can’t be any grey areas as to what is lawful. I don’t think any officer would take his men to pillage and rape.

Unfortunately raping and pillaging are looked down on nowadays, but the rules are pretty simple. You get them drilled into your head the minute you start boot camp and all military members in a war zone are issued cards with the most important rules on them.

@thatoneguy
    Participant

Unfortunately, instead of trying to save the Koalas, Trumpians go on safari and kill a few more endangered species with virtual cannons for sport or collect an elephant tusk to make a nice carving to display on the hearth, right under the gun that killed the elephant. Or buy a Gorilla hand for an ashtray, a novelty item.

Trump supporters on safari? That’s a new one.

@ thatoneguy:   Unfortunately raping and pillaging are looked down on nowadays,

Make you feel like a big man eh?

I bet your pure hell in the video war worlds.   Hooah.  Eat your reality.

@thatoneguy
    Participant

I bet your pure hell in the video war worlds.   Hooah.  Eat your reality.

What language is this?

@sree
    Participant

Mriana: Unless Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren get into office and keep their promises about student loan forgiveness, I’ll have this debt with me until I’m 6 feet underground, because I didn’t make money as a substitute teacher, a waitress, a writer, or a cashier in which to pay any of my student loans.

Hey Mriana, did you see the news below?

Presidential contender Sen. Elizabeth Warren said on Tuesday that she would begin to eliminate student loan debt on the first day of her administration, using legal tools that would allow her to bypass Congress. (CNBC.Published Tue, Jan 14 2020)

Warren said she will direct her Secretary of Education to begin to “compromise and modify” federal student loans up to $50,000 for 95% of those with outstanding student debt, or 42 million people.

Will that get you out of the hole?

@write4u
    Participant

thatoneguy said,

Trump supporters on safari? That’s a new one.

No, the Trump family likes to kill endangered species.

Back in 2012, photos surfaced of the elder Trump’s sons, Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump, proudly posing with the carcasses of dead animals they hunted while on a big-game hunting expedition in Africa. The photos showed Donald and Eric posing with a lifeless cheetah, Donald clenching a knife along with the bloody, sawed-off tail of an elephant, and the pair posing next to a crocodile hanging from a noose off of a tree.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLBCFyfUAAAp8FJ?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trumps-sons-killed-exotic-animals?ref=scroll

@mriana
    Keymaster

@Sree It probably would, but I think Bernie has better plans, not just for student loan debt, but also for health care. In fact, I know his plan for health care is better than Elizabeth Warren’s and I am in more favour of him than for Warren, but if she were to win the primaries and ran against the dotard, I wouldn’t reject voting for her. I really don’t want to have to vote for Biden though. Warren has admitted she is a corporate democrat in the past and therefore she is in second place for me. Bernie is first place and personally, I rather have any of those still in the primaries, than Biden in my third place position. I’m concerned with more than just student loan debt. I care about health care (socialized medicine preferable), immigration (not the dotard’s form of extermination immigration), Social Security (making sure it’s not cut, which Biden would do, but rather making sure it stays in place for all of us), housing, boosting labour unions’ power again, and more. I’m not just about student loan debt (mine and other people’s) but a whole lot more. Oh and let’s not forget Climate Change. Bernie Sanders is also concerned about climate change and Warren as a corporate dem, unless she’s changed her mind about that, may side with greedy corporations. Just as she may go back on her promise and go with greedy institutions.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Mriana.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Mriana.
    @timb
    Participant

Oneguy, You think it is unfortunate that the US military is not allowed to rape and pillage, these days?

Mriana, If Biden wins the Dem nomination, I think he will have a long long way to go to inspire the progressive part of the party (who are rapidly closing in on 1/2 of the total constituency).  And if he doesn’t, and is thus without the full fledged support of that major part of  the party, then his appeal to some “independents” in swing states may not be enough to win the Presidency.

I am calling him 20th Century Joe.   It’s time for America to actually progress into the 21st Century (a fifth of it is already over).

@timb
    Participant
    @mriana
    Keymaster

First day of her administration? I don’t know. I think that is promising a bit much and probably won’t happen.

https://berniesanders.com/issues/free-college-cancel-debt/

Cancel All Existing Student Debt

Bernie believes that money would be better spent on freeing millions of hardworking people from the burden of student debt, boosting the economy by $1 trillion over the next ten years, and creating up to 1.5 million new jobs every year. By canceling student debt, we will save the average student loan borrower around $3,000 a year in student loan payments. That money will be freed up to spend on everything from housing to starting a business.

When Bernie is in the White House, he will:
    Cancel the entire $1.6 trillion in outstanding student debt for the 45 million borrowers who are weighed down by the crushing burden of student debt. This will save around $3,000 a year for the average student loan borrower.

AND

He’ll make college debt free for all. You may think this sound far-fetch and undoable, but some European countries have done this already and that’s the model he’s look at to do this.

@mriana
    Keymaster

Bernie has other issues I am in highly in favour of https://berniesanders.com/issues/ He’s also not a corporate/establishment dem

@thatoneguy
    Participant

Back in 2012, photos surfaced of the elder Trump’s sons, Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump, proudly posing with the carcasses of dead animals they hunted while on a big-game hunting expedition in Africa. The photos showed Donald and Eric posing with a lifeless cheetah, Donald clenching a knife along with the bloody, sawed-off tail of an elephant, and the pair posing next to a crocodile hanging from a noose off of a tree.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLBCFyfUAAAp8FJ?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trumps-sons-killed-exotic-animals?ref=scroll

Trump’s family and Trump supporters are two different things.  Middle class people like Trump supporters wouldn’t be able to afford going on safari.

@timb
    Participant

And middle class people are generally too ethical to scam their way to going on Safaris, or to afford such. And most would probably not feel pride at standing by the variously dismembered bodies of animals as somehow representing their personal prowess.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by TimB. Reason: deleted an uneccessary "or"
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by TimB. Reason: deleted an uneccessary "or"
    @sree
    Participant

Are you a vegan, Tim? Do you think even robbing chickens of their eggs for breakfast is a crime?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.