Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

T rump has shown us that we can assassinate oppositional foreign leaders

Forums Forums Politics and Social Issues T rump has shown us that we can assassinate oppositional foreign leaders

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    @lausten
    Keymaster

We aren’t “trying to take him down”. We are supporting the rule of law and the standards of justice and morality that this country stands for.

@lausten
    Keymaster

I have nothing against hunting or safaris, but I have known quite a few middle class guys who hunt on their own property and have posed with the animals they killed in photos that they enjoy showing off.

Deer populations are higher than what would be natural in the MidWest because we cut down so much forest. Deer prefer living on the edge of the forest, and we created a lot of edge forest. You can’t compare that to endangered species in Africa.

@lausten
    Keymaster
    @write4u
    Participant

Sree said,

If you guys keep this up, our national fabric will be torn to shreds and every US politician will become the proxy of foreign powers.

If we allow Trump to keep this up,  the national fabric will be torn to shreds.  Trump does not recognize the Constitution at all. He sees  his presidency as a Reality show that must offer drama and in his show everyone serves Trump.

15,000 lies, misleading the people he is supposed to serve. Every one who has worked for him is in jail. How do you think that happens?

He makes mistakes in hand picking his minions?

p.s. Trump is the proxy of a foreign power, Putin.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Write4U.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Write4U.
    @lausten
    Keymaster

our national fabric will be torn to shreds

I think I first heard this from my conservative uncle, about Obama. I thought it was ridiculous then and assumed it would go away once it was seen that programs would help everyone, including those guys in TN who are dying from opioids. Well, that didn’t happen. I’m more disappointed to here this rhetoric from the left. It assumes there is a fabric. Our Constitution allowed slavery, we tore that right out of there. We make the fabric every day. The fabric that supports the concentration power that has slowly happened over our history needs to be torn. We took the power from the King, but that was a baby step compared to what we need to do now.

@timb
    Participant

We didn’t, as you say, tear slavery out of the Constitution by being complacent.  Our Nation has actually torn apart, before. See United States Civil War.

Obama did not spend his terms constantly trolling all of the Americans who were in the Republican Party.  T rump has constantly trolled all who are not obsequious to him.  Our national whatever (fabric, soul, democracy whatever you want to call it) is not intact. And it promises to get worse.  So statements that T rump has Made America Divided Again (as in Civil War days) are well founded.  Obama dearly wished that our nation would come together.  He never completely gave up on the naïve but powerful rhetoric that brought him into the national consciousness, “There are no red states. There are no blue states.  There is only the United States.”

Americans had to pick a side in the Civil War.  T rump is leading us there again. And he is doing it, because it could increase his power and keep him in power.  His usual pattern is to lead us to the brink, then back off at the last moment, claiming some sort of victory.  But, in this case, it may not work out for him or for us.

In response to Mr. Lausten’s comment on deer populations.

Lausten’s comments are 100 percent accurate. There is no comparison between those in rural or mountainous areas like Appalachia who occasionally kill deer to supplement their food supply and those who spend thousands like the two whelps whose father occupies the White House who murder endangered animals in foreign countries with corrupt governments. A century ago lion populations were about one million. Today they number less than 20 thousand. I swear by all that’s honorable if I could push an invisible button that would make every lion murderer disappear from this world I’d push that button and keep pushing it until I expelled my last living breath.

I know this comment might be better placed in a different subject category but I had to voice my opinion on this.

@timb
    Participant

If someone kills an animal for food or some humane purpose, one can still honor the animal’s life/death.  Otherwise, “Thou shalt not kill” is the way to go.

I was pleased, I think it was last year, when a poacher was killed by a bull elephant and the poacher’s body was carried off by lions.  There was nothing left but his shirt.  (So the poacher apparently was useful, for at least once in his life/death as lion food.)

@mriana
    Keymaster

Who said killing an animal for food was humane? Sorry, but the vegetarian in me doesn’t think killing an animal for any reason is humane. Yes, Sree, you may have confused who’s what on the forum.

@thatoneguy
    Participant

Deer populations are higher than what would be natural in the MidWest because we cut down so much forest. Deer prefer living on the edge of the forest, and we created a lot of edge forest. You can’t compare that to endangered species in Africa.

Yeah, I’ve heard about deer populations being out of wack, though I was focusing on the fact that most hunters like taking pictures of their kills no matter what their background is.

@sree
    Participant

Tim: I was pleased, I think it was last year, when a poacher was killed by a bull elephant and the poacher’s body was carried off by lions. There was nothing left but his shirt. (So the poacher apparently was useful, for at least once in his life/death as lion food.)

Do you think God was as pleased when the heavens opened up  and rain poured down to drown every mother’s son, not in the Ark, back then?  Let us pray, Tim. We don’t want any of the vermin left behind this time around.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Sree.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Sree.
    @sree
    Participant

Mriana: Oh and one more thing, a buffalo from the American continent cannot be devoured by hyenas, because there are no hyenas on the American continents- not North or South America.

I was referring to the African buffalo. We will be eaten alive if you guys keep this up.

@mriana
    Keymaster

No, no they won’t, because we’re not in Africa and I don’t expect any to escape U.S. zoos. If people don’t stand up and fight for our democracy and our Constitution, then we won’t have it. This means we have to stand up against the dotard who is committing crimes. So, unless the dotard is a true dictator and starts killing people for stand up against him and protecting the Constitution and our democracy nothing will happen to anyone except the dotard. The idea of getting eaten by hyenas is pure fantasy and fear. We must have the dotard removed from office for his crimes as per the Constitution.

@sree
    Participant

Write4U: 15,000 lies, misleading the people he is supposed to serve.

That’s a lot of lies but not all lies are equal. One time, someone asked Melania where she was from, and she replied “Slovenia”. Trump interjected: “Say Austria. Sounds better.” Would that count as a lie?

@sree
    Participant

Lausten: The fabric that supports the concentration power that has slowly happened over our history needs to be torn. We took the power from the King, but that was a baby step compared to what we need to do now.

Where, in your view, is that concentration of power and how did it happen?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.