Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

The drum beat of a traitor president

Forums Forums Politics and Social Issues The drum beat of a traitor president

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    @lausten
    Keymaster

I’ve seen a few comments that come from Republicans who retired from Congress, or from anonymous ones still in. They say that they had a choice, go with Trump or lose the next primary. I’m sure Trump has the ability to make a few phone calls or have some private conversations with his family, who then go out and have private conversations with the ones who can manipulate primaries, and they can pretty much hand pick candidates. We’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg when he chooses someone so horrible, it backfires, like Georgia. However, if he wins in November, those people who are facing that ethical dilemma will have a much harder choice. They will be choosing to turn the country into what is happening in Portland and on the Mexico border. RBG can’t hold out for 4 more years. They will be choosing the deaths of a half million Americans by Covid.

@timb
    Participant

We are in a profoundly precarious position, NOW, with RBG.  Can she last 6 more months?  If not, the Repugliars will try to use the last of their Senatorial power to rush thru a replacement with another “conservative” Justice, before the t rump is out of office.

@sree
    Participant

Can she last 6 more months?

My prognosis would be 24 months max. The old girl is one heck of a fighter. The cancer which started in her colon in 1999 has gotten to her lungs (2018), pancreas  and liver (2019). America likes a fighter whether it’s Ruth or The Donald. My money is on the incumbent cowboy in the White House giving us another four years of Trump Country. Here is to two more conservative Chief Justices in the Supreme Court. Cheers!

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Sree.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by Sree.
    @mriana
    Keymaster

Really? You want more conservatives when they are the people who are making life worse for the U.S.? It’s the conservatives causing this virus to spread out of control, killing people. And that’s just for starters on how they are killing people. That’s what you want? Seems pretty sick to me. BTW, your dear president is risking his life by having rallies. Real bright one you have there when there is a pandemic happening.

@sree
    Participant

@mriana

BTW, your dear president is risking his life by having rallies. Real bright one you have there when there is a pandemic happening.

What made you take that wrong turn? Hating your own kind leads nowhere good.

@mriana
    Keymaster

@sree Not sure what you mean by “hating my own kind”. The dotard is not “my kind”, so I have no idea what you’re talking about. The dotard is a traitor who doesn’t care about human lives.

Sree, pour another tall one, sit back and have listen, cause this Republican Trump-voting grandma from Indiana has a thing or two to explain to you.

“But what is the one thing that Mike Pence says?

“Oh, Mr. President, you’re doing such a wonderful job, our administration is handling this Coronavirus wonderfully.”

If I hear him say that one more time, I’m going to puke.”

Are you a Republican, ex-Republican, or Trump-voter who won’t support the president this November?

Share your story here: https://rvat.org/tell-your-story

A message from US Vets:

“Trump, if you’re going to act like a traitor, you don’t get to thank us for our service.”

The Trump Pandemic
    A blow-by-blow account of how the president killed thousands of Americans.
    By WILLIAM SALETAN | AUG 09, 2020

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/08/trump-coronavirus-deaths-timeline.html

The entire grizzly rundown

FYI

Former FBI official Peter Strzok goes one-on-one with Maddow. Watch the top news stories and highlights from The Rachel Maddow Show, airing weeknights at 9 p.m. on MSNBC.

@widdershins
    Participant

Not sure what you mean by “hating my own kind”. The dotard is not “my kind”, so I have no idea what you’re talking about.

I don’t know what that meant either, but I sure know what it sounds like it meant.  Stuart Baker was fired from the show Squidbillies after accusing Dolly Parton of “forsaking your own race, culture and heritage” in response to her support for Black Lives Matter.  The language there sounds pretty damned similar.

@timb
    Participant

Last night was the first game of the season for the NFL.

Just before the two teams joined on the field for a moment of silence in support of racial unity. Some fans at Arrowhead could be heard booing.

That’s right.  Some of the fans are apparently are against racial unity, or at least don’t want to be bothered by it.

Seems to me that there are too many of our fellow Americans who are either against or don’t give a stinky piece of crap about racial justice and unity.

And we have a pro-racist tRump who is counting on the Fascist vote to help keep him in power.

@sree
    Participant

Seems to me that there are too many of our fellow Americans who are either against or don’t give a stinky piece of crap about racial justice and unity.

NFL is about football. People pay to watch football. How would you like to spend a thousand bucks on unity with a hot white chick and she opens festivities by taking a knee to protest the unfair treatment of Black Americans?

@mriana
    Keymaster

@sree

NFL is about football. People pay to watch football. How would you like to spend a thousand bucks on unity with a hot white chick and she opens festivities by taking a knee to protest the unfair treatment of Black Americans?

I’d take a knee with her. As for her being hot.. meh. the football game? I don’t care. So I probably wouldn’t waste money on the stupid game, but I’d take a knee with her and the football players.

@timb
    Participant

How would you like to spend a thousand bucks on unity with a hot white chick and she opens festivities by taking a knee to protest the unfair treatment of Black Americans?

Sounds like a sexy trip and my kind of girl.  I could enjoy her personality as well as her other “hot” attributes.  Too bad I don’t have a thousand bucks to throw away. And too bad I am too old to appreciate such things anymore, anyway.

People have been exposed to nationalistic routines that have been part of football games, just about as long as there have been football games.  Not only is there ALWAYS Old Glory honored and the National Anthem sung, the military has actually contracted with the NFL to support them.  You seem fine with paying customers ALWAYS having to be exposed to nationalistic messages.

You just don’t like the message of Black Lives Matter.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.