May 22, 2020 at 3:31 pm #328748
“If you can’t figure out whether to vote for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”
Joseph R Biden telling “Charlemagne the God” what’s what in a (for Biden) light hearted moment. Sure Biden missed the point that blacks have been getting the short end of the justice stick for a long frikkin’ time, (including during the Obama/Biden era). Biden does not fully seem to get that.
However, I think he will be better suited to dealing with injustice for blacks than Obama was. Why is that? Because Obama, as the 1st black President, was elected to be the President for ALL Americans. And he could ill afford being portrayed as only the President for black Americans. Biden will not have that built in (1st black President) constraint for promoting justice for blacks. Because Biden is white.May 22, 2020 at 5:30 pm #328760
It is commonly known that Biden occasionally does and will emit gaffes. He always has. But not near the frequency, goofiness, and destructiveness of a certain T rump, e.g.,
- Windmills cause ear cancer
- His wanting to buy Greenland
- His saying “I am the chosen one. So I’m taking on China.”
- His going after three American Congresswomen he perceived as foreigners because they are people of color, and telling them to go back and fix things in their own countries.
- His bragging to his worshipful throngs that “We can have a lot of fun tonight. I have nothing to do. Nothing. Nothing.” Hmm. A POTUS with nothing to do? Nothing?
- His saying “The buck stops with everybody.” re: the govt shutdown.
- His trying to brand the Canada/Mexico trade agreement as like the Village people song, when he said “USMCA. Think of the song ‘YMCA.’ ♫ YMCA ♫ think of the song.”
- His seemingly 1st recognition of soccer in the US, just in time for the U.S. women’s team to win their 2nd World Cup, when he said, “And a lot of people, including me, thought soccer would probably never make it in this country, but it really is moving forward rapidly,”
- The time he claimed to have created a word when speaking to his crowd in El Paso. “How about the word ‘caravan?’ Caravan? I think that was one of mine.”
- His saying “And I think that the people of Puerto Rico are very grateful to Donald Trump for what we’ve done for them,” at a rally in Panama City, Florida. Then not 10 seconds later, he said, “That’s Puerto Rico, and they don’t like me.”
Those silly gaffes are via https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/2019/12/trumps-10-most-hilariously-stupid-things-he-said-in-2019/ and were only some of the gaffes he made in only the year 2019.
Here are some more mostly from my memory:
- He suggested nuking a hurricane
- He ordered that the entire city of Seoul be moved
- Repeatedly saying “oranges” when he meant “origins”
- Saying in front of Putin and the world that he didn’t know why the Russians would have interfered in the 2016 election.
- His enthusiastic advocating for people to take Hydroxychloroquine to address C-19. (which he hawked 50ish times)
- His actually taking a 2 week regimen of hydroxychloroquine.
- His suggestion that injecting disinfectants might be a way to cure C-19.
- His statement re: John McCain: “He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”
- His statement about Meghan Kelly, referring to her possibly being on her monthly period. “You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.”
- His visual and verbal mocking of a journalist who has a congenital condition that causes spastic movements.
- His claiming that his inauguration crowd was bigger than Obamas, when pictures clearly showed his crowd size was inferior.
- His suggestion that Ted Cruz’s dad was a part of the Kennedy assassination.
- His allegation that that Bill Clinton committed rape as well as other sexual offenses.
- His allegation that President Obama is the founder of ISIS.
- His making up something he calls Obamagate, and declaring it the worst crime in history.
AND OH SO MANY MORE, but you get the idea.May 22, 2020 at 8:57 pm #328775@thatoneguyParticipant
If there’s one thing Blacks love, it’s Whites telling them who is authentically Black.May 23, 2020 at 12:05 am #328792@mrianaKeymaster
Biden doesn’t have a clue what he is talking about. Unfortunately, he’s what’s left of those who we can use to get the criminal out of the Big House after that next election. He’ll be an improvement, but not by much.May 23, 2020 at 12:55 am #328798
He’ll be an improvement, but not by much.
Really? C’mon! Not by much!? Dog poop would be MUCH better than T rump. And Joseph R Biden is not dog poop.
That could be his campaign slogan. And a winning one, at that. One important difference is that Joseph R Biden, even old as he is, can do something that T rump cannot — that is learn from his mistakes. The only problem is whether we can get to and through a free and fair election. I’m truly sorry, but if blacks think they have it bad now (and I think they have it bad now) they are going to have it a LOT WORSE if T rump remains the head of State. We all will.
I recall predicting, before T rump was elected, that it would result in a great calamity of some sort, when T rump was faced with a crisis that he is not equipped to deal with, to the ruin of us all. That has happened and is happening.
And, more recently, I have predicted that if T rump takes a 2nd term, it will be a solidification of his movement towards autocracy. He will be a full blown dictator of the USA, with half of America hating him. What could go wrong in that scenario?
If Joseph R Biden becomes POTUS, we ALL have a chance to overcome, not just blacks. But blacks will also, because it is Joseph R Biden. VP to Barack Obama. Will Obama sit back and not do any prompting of Biden toward addressing injustice towards blacks? I don’t think so. And neither will progressives in general.
OTOH, if T rump is our dictator, he will be supported by the alt-right to be as White Supremacist as he wants to be. Talk about a dystopia.
If Charlemagne is a God, shouldn’t he have a bit more foresight? I am kidding, Charlemagne’s doing a good job of lobbying for the interests of blacks, which I agree that they deserve for voting so much and so consistently as they have for Democrats. (They haven’t yet learned to vote as a block for progressive liberals, I think, to their detriment).
Oneguy, Biden just committed the sin of trying to kid around with a black person who is simultaneously being serious about black interests. And his quip was, although a major social feaux pax, NOT inappropriately hyperbolic, because we will all be screwed if the blacks don’t, once again, get out the vote for Biden. And blacks, as usual will likely be screwed most of all, after hispanics, that is.May 23, 2020 at 3:22 pm #328826
For the 1st time in this election cycle, Joseph R Biden is, at least for the moment, getting equal time with T rump on cable news shows. It is exclusively about his gaffe, but this seems to be a way that he can get equal time even on networks like CNN and MSNBC.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.