Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Trump news

Forums Forums General Discussion Trump news

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    @player
    Blocked

Timb – the earth has unlimited natural resources?

Player:   Free Enterprise System

W4U:  Well said!

@player
    Blocked

“Free Enterprise System”

meaning no government intervention?

@timb
    Participant

Player, ever heard of renewable resources?  Ever heard of recycling?  Ever heard of innovation?  Then you really haven’t heard about resources that we haven’t even discovered yet, have you?

Meanwhile we have far too much of some resources, e,g,, coal and other fossil fuels.

It is sooo tedious arguing with your simplistic slanted totally messed up idea that capitalism should be destroyed.

@player
    Blocked

Timb please keep up. Are you the only person in the world that says the earth has infinite natural resources?

It’s a human activity.  Seems to me government intervention can’t be done without.  Interstate commerce laws, overseeing import and export and all that and much more.  Sure we need government and rules and regulations.

If you’re looking for suggestions for a perfect system – you are on the wrong planet.

The question is if that government is of the people, by the people, and for the “people” – as in an informed and engaged citizenry.

Or whether it’s an oligarchy – such as what the Murdocks, Koch’s, et al. have been working on so hard to achieve – with the help of faith-based brainwashing and the stupification of the general population who’d rather get lost in Hollywood bullshit and consumerism.  … then to sooth their souls they reach for the god of their EGO to worship.

Bartlett lays it out pretty well.  The distal problem at the root of all else is that we turned out backs on Population “Control”  in the 60s/70s, … -such an ugly word- persuasion, sober acceptance of reality, substantive appreciation for this planet and her processes.  Yes the stuff that supplies and supports all we have and do.

On a related note: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-mouse-utopias-1960s-led-grim-predictions-humans-180954423/

Of course many try mightily to dismiss the implications, (Ramsdan 2003 sounding more balanced than others), still the course of public events globally this past decade sure does put the lie to all those simplistic dismissals of the underlying reality of what happens to over-crowded rats and why – and that it most definitely has implication for the human mammal.

We’ve become victim to our own technological advances and bare knocks business imperatives.  Now we on the road heading straight toward oblivion, increasingly our lives will be more and more about coping with that dead end reality.  Civilized humanity has never experienced anything like it, our journey is coming to an end and like the snake all that will be left, is eating ourselves – but most can’t face it, so we keep on doing and thinking really stupid disconnect bullshit, thus making sure we speed our self-destruction fast as possible.

so sad

@player
    Blocked

Hello citizen is a free enterprise system one that doesn’t have  govt intervention?

resources?  Let’s not leave out farm land, clean waters, healthy landscapes, biodiversity, etc

@player
    Blocked

Citizen – you sure are one shocker.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Player.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Player.

I’m an Earth Centrist   😉

A human society needs government and laws and regulations to function with a modicum of civility.

I though I’d answered that.

Our forefathers created a government that was about as good as humanly possible, not perfect, in fact rather good – IF WE COULD KEEP IT.

I have no grudge with government or taxes, civilization is impossible without them.

My problem is with all the entitled feeling apathetic people who do nothing to make our government function the way it did during it’s first couple centuries – you know.   But that would have required and informed and enlighten citizenry – tragically that seems to have been traded in for the Jesus of Profits stupification.  Now we get to reap their harvest.

Tell me Player, what does the “libertarian” Government/Tax Hater have to offer?    Handing it all over to the Kochs?

@write4u
    Participant

Handing it all over to the Kochs?

Only one left.

Too bad it happened about 30 years too late for humanity.  Besides there are many many little Koch clones running around.

@timb
    Participant

Player, Don’t put your stupid words in my mouth, they are nasty.  I didn’t say the Earth has unlimited natural resources.  I was confronting your misuse of the truism that ultimately all resources are finite.  You used that truism in supporting the argument that economic growth will be blocked in the foreseeable future. That is incorrect.

@mikeyohe
    Participant

My problem is with all the entitled feeling apathetic people who do nothing to make our government function the way it did during it’s first couple centuries – you know.   But that would have required and informed and enlighten citizenry – tragically that seems to have been traded in for the Jesus of Profits stupification.  Now we get to reap their harvest.

Tell me Player, what does the “libertarian” Government/Tax Hater have to offer?    Handing it all over to the Kochs?

CC, you said what a lot of people think the problem seems to be. Sort of hit the nail on the head.

What is the answer?

Welfare is not working.

The spending on the homeless is reaching $100K each per year per person now.

What is the government spending on average for every person in the country now? Isn’t it around $22K per year? And the people are still complaining.

What does history tell us? This system is part of older systems of the past. When the Egyptians had the system. They made it work the best. The Pharaoh’s job was to keep the system in balance. You are saying the system is out of balance.

What is the item we need to check to see if the system is in balance? What did the Pharaoh check on? The Pharaoh’s job was to check and see that the people were taken care of. Whose job was it to take care of the people? The temples. If the temples did not do their jobs, then the Pharaoh would take land away from the temple and give it to the people.

How are the people doing?

Plenty of food. The people seem to be fat and happy. Plenty of beer. That’s a plus. There’s work. There’s a capitalist system. Which has proven to work for thousands of years.

Good schools. People get to go to school for 12 or more years of their life. Nobody is dying on the streets for lack of medical help. People are not killing each other so they can buy food. Seems to be a lot of cars on the roads.

So, correct me if I am wrong. Your complaint is about something that may not even have taken place the way you think it did a couple hundred years ago. And because of that you want to “reap their harvest.”

“My problem is with all the entitled feeling apathetic people who do nothing to make our government function the way it did during it’s first couple centuries – you know.”

That is called the caste. Answer the question why the deep state did what it did. And why people said and did what they did against Trump. The answer to the TDS problem is the caste status. You should stop worrying about who you think were entitled a couple hundred years ago and start looking at today. Caste central is Washington D.C. and they hate Trump. Trump is the Pharaoh that is taking their caste status away.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.