Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Trump news

Forums Forums General Discussion Trump news

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • Author

No, what I’m talking about is called Democracy run by an informed and engaged citizenry.

Deep State is your fantasy – unless you’re talking about the thing Koch, Murdock and pals have been setting up.

You fantasize again, I said nothing of who was “entitled a couple hundred years ago” I was talking about the people who formed of our government.  Oh, yes i know none of them were the saints our history books taught, still they did pretty damned good.  And they warned us, it’s ours if we could keep it.  Unfortunately, “The People” were too easily led astray and dropped the ball, all the way around.

Nobody is dying on the streets for lack of medical help. People are not killing each other so they can buy food.

Yeah, we’ve done pretty good at exporting those problems to others.  The joys of being The Empire.

Player
    Blocked

<p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>Mike- why are they homeless?</p>

Crazy like a fox, the big t.

Widdershins
    Participant

No, what I’m talking about is called Democracy run by an informed and engaged citizenry.

What is this “informed and engaged citizenry” you speak of?  You mean unicorns?

Xain
    Participant

I don’t know if the citizens were truly informed of what was going on. To me it just sounds like the same circus each year, with the same sound bites going around.

As for Trump, it’s just easier for me if I assume everything he says is a lie, and it usually is.

Widdershins writes,
    CC: “No, what I’m talking about is called Democracy run by an informed and engaged citizenry.”
    What is this “informed and engaged citizenry” you speak of?  You mean unicorns?

Unicorns never existed.  The First Amendment of America’s Constitution reads,

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

And in this case my full quote is required to make any sense of it.

A healthy democracy requires an informed and engaged citizenry ! 

It’s not a suggestion, or even an observation,

it’s a recipe –

and just like a bread recipe if your yeast is spent and worthless, you can predict that your bread will suck.

Meet our rapidly declining American democracy in 2019.

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.