Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Trump's address on border wall

Forums Forums Politics and Social Issues Trump's address on border wall

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Advocatus 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Advocatus
    Participant

This morning I saw an editorial from someone on the Washington Post saying that Trump clearly “won” the debate last night.  The writer said that he came off looking “Presidential” while Nancy Pelosi looked irrational.  Gosh, did I watch a different address in some parallel universe?  (I did also watch the History channel’s “Project Blue Book”… hmm…)  It was clear to ME that Trump was simply reading a speech that someone wrote for him.  He did didn’t sound like himself at all.  When did he ever hold the hand of someone suffering?  When has he even noticed anyone but himself?  Honestly I don’t understand what he thinks he’s doing.  It seems to me that he’s just digging his own grave with the border wall hysteria, unless he’s desperately trying to divert attention from something else that he doesn’t want anyone to pay attention to (like the Mueller investigation).  Does he seriously believe that the American people have an attention span as short as his own?

MikeYohe
    Participant

You sound like the swamp.

Advocatus
    Participant

Oh, do you mean bullfrogs, cicadas, things like that?  🙂

Lausten
    Participant

I can’t verify any of this of course, but much of it is public knowledge and a matter of connecting dots. If the conspiracy theory he lays out here is real, it just proves that conspiracy theorists are useless, because when you have a real one, they miss it.

Seth Abramson interview by Salon. 25 mins.

Advocatus
    Participant

I was talking to a friend who puts forth this theory — the Wall is just Trump’s way of getting back at the Democrats for winning so many seats in the last election.   He can shut down the government and put all those people out of work without worrying about being held responsible for it.  If the Democrats back down, he wins.  If they don’t back down, he still wins because the people who voted for him will blame the Democrats anyway.  As far as he’s concerned, there is no down side.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.