Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

Under Humanism because it's about our "human mindscape"

Forums Forums Humanism Under Humanism because it's about our "human mindscape"

Viewing 46 post (of 46 total)
  • Author

When I run across his use of mindscape I just think he doesn’t know what he wants to say.

What I don’t know, is how to have a genuine discussion with folks totally wrapped up in their EGO driven Gods and political agendas.

How to crack that shell, that’s a real mother….. oh yeah, never mind.  I promised Lausten I’d try to watch my potty mouth.

Or how to confront that egomaniacal willful ignorance and it’s stupid self-destructive belligerent dismissiveness and disregard for Earth’s Physical Reality because it interferes with their self-serving gluttonous desires.

=========================================================================

https://confrontingsciencecontrarians.blogspot.com

MARCH 14, 2020
    Earth Centrism ~ Geocentrism. Seriously ?

FEBRUARY 10, 2020
    Considering a Fundamental Cosmic Truth
    There is Physical Reality following the Arrow of Time. …

DECEMBER 11, 2019
    Bringing it back to Earth Centrism

DECEMBER 7, 2019
    Introduction to Cc’s Pageant of Evolution project.

OCTOBER 2, 2019
    What about Intelligent Design and Evolution?

SEPTEMBER 19, 2019
    Religious Thinking v. Scientific Thinking

JUNE 1, 2019
    Earth Centrist. Why it matters to me.

DECEMBER 31, 2018
    f) Considering the Missing Key to Stephen Gould’s “Nonoverlapping Magisteria”

OCTOBER 1, 2018
    1/7 Map v Territory Problem, Statistical Certainty vs Geophysical Realities

SEPTEMBER 1, 2018
    Missing Key to Stephen Gould’s “Nonoverlapping Magisteria”

———————————————————

AUGUST 3, 2008
    God flowing into the Word

http://citizenschallenge.blogspot.com/2008/08/god-flowing-into-word.html
    I’ve been told I don’t understand the reality of the Bible.  It’s been explained God acted infallibly through his human agents.  At every stage along the Bible’s evolution God was there flowing into the pages to make it perfect.

The last time I listened to this opinion an image came to mind:  There was a patient in an operating room, undergoing brain surgery.  The world’s foremost surgeon was there, a doctor of vast knowledge and skill.  But, instead of performing the operation, the expert stands over a child giving step by step concise and complete directions, while the child performed the actual task.  What are the chances of the child getting it right?  Can it be any different when God communicates with myopic self-centered children?

Claiming the Bible is direct and undiminished from God’s bosom is to imply people can be infallible.  Isn’t such a thing called hubris?  Like adolescents who know it all, blind to every complexity, question or doubt.  Or put another way, claiming the Bible is perfect, complete and infallible is like claiming a photo album can convey the truth of someone’s life to a stranger.

There’s more   😉

Viewing 46 post (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.