Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

What ethics do we live by?

Forums Forums General Discussion What ethics do we live by?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    @sree
    Participant

And continued until 1968. And after the law changed, it continued by silent agreement. That’s my childhood. I benefitted from this, while a black kid suffered because of it. This is affecting cities to this day.

One thing I would not dispute with you is that it’s ultimately the white man’s fault because he invaded and took over other people’s lands. We have seen how it all played out in South Africa and Rhodesia (Zimbabwe). The white man handed the lands back to the black man. I propose we do the same here in the USA and give the land back to the Native Americans. The blacks can return to Africa now that the Ghanian government has offered to take them back. Those blacks (like Oprah, Michael Jordan, etc) who prefer to stay can negotiate terms with the Native Americans along with the whites and other minority immigrants.  If you want justice, let’s do it right and stop this inane bickering once and for all

What do you say?

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Sree.
    @timb
    Participant

Sree, Show us the way.  Give all that you own to the Native Americans, along with a sincere apology and then take you and yours back to whatever European countries you descended from.

You can be a role model. A leader.

@sree
    Participant

Sree, Show us the way.

I would like to. It’s called The Art of the Deal.

Give all that you own to the Native Americans, along with a sincere apology and then take you and yours back to whatever European countries you descended from.

Give up all we whites own – railways, highways, cities, farms, power and communication grids, nuclear weapons? No way. Just the land and the bison, the way we found it. I am not sure if the Lakhota Nation would want an apology when we are done with them after plying them with “firewater” the way we did before.

You can be a role model. A leader.

Couldn’t be anything else. We – namely whites – will strike a deal with the “red Indians” and the indigenous Aztec and Mayan people in the south. Any minority group, including illegals, without a bargaining chip can clear out.  You want social justice?Let’s do it.

You bet.

@mriana
    Keymaster

The Art of the Deal by the Dotard is no deal with me. Not even the Native Americans want to make a deal with him and even took him to court, stopping his damn pipeline from not only going onto tribal land, but also not polluting the water. More and more people are telling him “no deal”. The only way we can get social justice is to get the racist, sexist, bigoted, egotistical idiot out of office. He never was qualified to run the country.

A little study in ethics:

July 8, 2020 at 10:24 pm#331530

@sree

Mriana points out “That’s called cheating.”
    You can’t impose your ethics on someone else who live by a different moral principle. Diversity. If you embrace it, then stop condemning those who don’t think like you do.

So there you have it, Sree’s ethics in a nut shell.  Me First, disregard for honesty, sleep til noon and screw them all.

Plus that petty mean streak, propping up his lack of substance, by belittling others.

I’ve seen it in other trustafarians, oblivious to all but their own sense of entitled superiority.

Although, I actually imagine all that is just what sree wishes he were, and I find it easier to imagine him learning his culinary sense for watching Nero Wolfe, than mom and nights out on the town.

@3point14rat
    Participant

C.C., I wouldn’t put too much stock in the idiotic posts you see on here. Sure some of the ignorant ideas are probably honest and infect the everyday life of whoever wrote it, but some ideas are nothing more than empty words meant to enrage you. Sree doesn’t believe all the crap he flings around on here.

Your anger is his entertainment. I read, play pickleball, play board games, hike in the mountains, and run, while Sree annoys people: we all have our hobbies.

@lausten
    Keymaster

3pt is our wise guru, sitting in the Lotus position off to the side, listening, then every now and then holding up two fingers to the sky and giving us a koan.

Sree is our mascot. If we want to get mad about something, respond to the Zeitgeist, just find his latest twisted logic that self-contradicts and is designed to anger whoever reads it.

@timb
    Participant

I appreciate his value as a practice dummy.

lordie, lordie, where do you read anger at sree, yes he is a joke and quite probably nothing like his persona, he’s a toy.

But, his most recent nonsense has reminded me of various self-satisfied blinded rich pigs I’ve been able to serve and observe up close.  Some worse than others, like the guy who got off on making people grovel while waving a Ben Franklin in front of them, if you didn’t jump fast enough, he’d burn the offered 100 dollar bill in front of them just to rub his wealth and assumed superiority into everyone face.  Just a nasty mean spirited little dinkie hiding his insecure emptiness by wrapping himself up within a god awful superiority complex.

Or the young execs, sitting in magnificent surrounding etc, etc. and all they can do is try to out brag each other about the great deals they’ve pulled off, and the more swindle the more excited the story gets, and then there’s that constantly dropping price tags on all the great stuff they own – I mean how pathetic is that?   I could-a puked in their drinks more than once, and these are the folks running the world today.  The stupid kids of people who once did great things – who think the world owes them.

And so on and so forth.  As for my anger at the state of the world, the lack of humanity or brains on the part of its leaders and the citizens who allowed them into office.  You know, I’d rather have my self-righteous anger than all that normalization of this self-destructive monstrosity we have locked ourselves into and have settled for.  This is ALL so wrong and so off the rails.  But then look back at history and try to find better in the story of empire, gluttonous self-destruction is what much of our human history has been about.   Either you were lucky to be born among the few haves, or you’re screwed.

Then came America, land of riches and treasure beyond measure, two, three centuries and look at how far we got, more toys than we know what to do with, and we’ve managed to destroy pretty much all that made it so great, and we’re still not satisfied, but who cares, the worst of the reckoning we’ll leave to our kids, so full steam ahead, ay sree?

I appreciate his value as a practice dummy.

I spent a couple years during high school being the clean up boy in a genuine butcher shop, that received hanging sides of beef.  Now that makes a great practice dummy.  Specially for a teen.  😉        Damned I should write more memoirs, so many cool interesting fascinating times.  Good thing my parents raised me not minding hard work, or a little hardship, that made all the difference in the world for this poor boy.

Sree can keep his real and imagined Rickie Rich emptiness.

Bet he doesn’t know about team work and real friendships that aren’t forged around money calculations.

∏ to your bigger point.  Yes of course, sree says what he says for effect.  It’s the alt-right’s number one tactic and used with amazing success.

@timb
    Participant

I say things for effect, sometimes. I just try to make sure that they are true.

@mriana
    Keymaster

@citizenschallengev3

where do you read anger at sree, yes he is a joke and quite probably nothing like his persona, he’s a toy.

I think he’s a troll, personally.

@lausten
    Keymaster

I think he’s a troll, personally. –mriana

I’m glad to hear CC call him a toy, but this question about where do I read anger really throws me. Given that CC has specifically tried to convince me that I’m not mad enough at the racist idiots of the world. He and I must have some very different definitions of what anger looks like.

Yes, Lausten you certainly are confused, seems to me the general state of affairs  – someday I’ll try to explain the nuance to you.

Once I wrap my head around why some think endlessly playing with ancient texts is somehow better than attempting confronting the bullshit lies and slanders regarding rational sciences such as climate sciences, or evolutionary sciences, or now simple medical science that the right wing has so successfully beat the shit outta such juvenile winning slanders and deceptions.

Christ trump is still getting away with attacking the World Health Organization, now the CDC appears to be next on his chopping block.  All so hoo hum – nobody seems capable of bringing sanity into this situation and to reign in the malicious vandal.

@lausten
    Keymaster

All so hoo hum – nobody seems capable of bringing sanity into this situation and to reign in the malicious vandal.  — CC

It’s no hoo hum to me. Do you think you are capable of bringing sanity to this situation?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.