Welcome

Thank you for visiting our new forum! To start posting again please follow the link below to create a new password. First time forum users please follow the link to register. CFI thanks you for continuing the discussion on evidence-based thinking and humanist values.

What liberal TDS said this, in reaction to the Mueller Report?

Forums Forums Politics and Social Issues What liberal TDS said this, in reaction to the Mueller Report?

This topic contains 104 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Lausten 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 105 total)
  • Author

MikeYohe
    Participant

Yes, it is their money. I agree. But did we learn anything from the Barack Obama Fast and Furious Scandal. It will not be nine-millimeter bullets being fired that will be killing Americans. A few more years of waiting for a stable government would not have hurt. We should not be buying the weapons aimed at us. That is not very smart thinking.

MikeYohe
    Participant

Here is another laugh for you Lausten.

We had frozen Iran’s money. And a great deal of money I should add. Iran really wanted that money back. Iran has some of the land of the Kurd’s. And the Kurd’s really wants their land back. America wants to re-establish the Kurd’s country. We have so far established the Kurd’s military forces at great expense to the American taxpayers. We could have said that the money was owed to the Kurd’s by Iran for their land and we need to give the money to the Kurd’s. Iran would have given some of the land back to the Kurd’s to get their money. With the Kurd’s Christian country next to Iran and a second Christian country in the area. Chances are the world would be just a little bit safer.

Mriana

Nice to hear from you, Mriana, especially with those fiery opinions.

Opinion? He and his cronies have kidnapped the children of people entering at legal ports of entry and placed them cages, as well as drugged many of these kids. The children will never be the same due to the psychological damage caused by such inhumane treatment. This is not opinion. There is no crisis at the border. Gutting the ACA has caused more harm than good, especially for those who have what is considered a pre-existing condition. And that isn’t mentioning what we were able to read in the Mueller report, of which I still have pages to finish reading. Yes, I’m actually reading it.

MikeYoHe, we do not need oil of any sort, because it is causing the Climate Change that humans are causing, so President Obama shutting down a pipeline was a good thing. What we do need is wind and solar energy to cut down on the CO2 that we spew out. We don’t need gas power automobiles and in this respect, the regulations President Obama made helped greatly. However, the dotard’s support, encouragement and demand for coal and oil is making Climate Change worse very rapidly. The ice at the Artic and Antartic are melting very rapidly, which will contribute to coastal flooding, worse than we have ever seen.

Not sure where you get your info concerning the border, but if it’s Fox News (Faux news), that channel, as per Mueller Report is the powerhouse of propaganda. I don’t know of any Dem saying there is a crisis, please name the Dems.

What higher taxes under President Obama? Please state your source, because I never saw higher taxes, except under the dotard. Taxes have gone down for the wealthy and increased for the poor under the dotard. Nothing has improved. There hasn’t been a MAGA anything under the dotard and much of what he has done has not been legal. As for President Obama and the court saying he didn’t do things illegally, please state your source and it can’t be Fox news, because that’s been established as a propaganda machine. If anything, while there might be more employment under the dotard, it’s mainly low wage part-time jobs and many have to work more than one part-time job. Income has not increased though. As for the ACA, it was working well in that when one had insurance, they didn’t have to pay a copay for basic health care or rather preventive services. I know this because I used my insurance and it wasn’t “Obamacare”, but I did have insurance and I didn’t have to pay a copay on preventive services, until the dotard got into office and repealed much of it.

In fact, we can all go to factcheck.org and a couple other like sites and fact check much of this stuff. That’s where I’m off to now.

Mriana

Under President Obama, carbon emissions went down greatly, probably due to wind and solar power use increasing. Jobs increased after an all time low after he got into office and while income didn’t change much, the economy made progress out of a serious recession (so they said. I called a Second Depression).

The president wound down the war in Iraq, but expanded the war in Afghanistan.

He said that he would do that during his run for presidency. So this is no surprise.

Source: https://www.factcheck.org/2012/10/obamas-numbers/

BUT in 2018, under the dotard carbon emissions increased greatly and petroleum use increased also. https://www.factcheck.org/2018/07/trumps-numbers-second-quarterly-update/

And as of April 2019, economic growth hasn’t changed much nor has the RGP changed much since President Obama was in office: https://www.factcheck.org/2019/04/trumps-numbers-april-2019-update/ However, that same article states that under President Obama, income rose 4.9% and under the dotard, 2.9%. I’m not feeling any income change personally.

For rank-and-file production and nonsupervisory workers (who make up 82 percent of all private-sector workers), real weekly earnings have gone up 2.5 percent so far under Trump, after rising 4.9 percent during Obama’s last four years in office.

President Obama made more progress in 4 years on earnings than the dotard has. And President Obama’s final numbers: https://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/obamas-final-numbers/ His numbers concerning poverty look better to me than the dotard’s do, because the dotard’s don’t add up: https://www.factcheck.org/2017/11/trumps-claims-dont-add/ The whole tax cut deal under the dotard is very misleading. Now we can continue with the dotard’s statements (rather lies) concerning the border.

TimB
    Participant

Every spring the relative number of aspiring immigrants tends to peak, because the elements are such that the grueling journey is more survivable.

I will now, by sheer mental power, decrease the flow of the incoming migrants 2 months from now.  If you do not believe me, just check the number of attempted immigrants now vs. what the number is 2 months from now.

Mriana

Now, I won’t go into how a border wall will affect wildlife, especially endangered species, but I will stick to what Factcheck.org says about the dotard’s statements concerning the non-existent border crisis (and btw, I have friends who live in TX and they, as well as their friends don’t want a border wall nor do many living on the border).

El Paso has never been one of the most dangerous cities: https://www.factcheck.org/2019/01/trump-wrong-about-wall-effect-in-el-paso/ It has the third lowest crime rate, in 2005, 2006, and 2007 out the 35 largest cities in the U.S.

El Paso has long been a relatively safe city, even though it sits just across the Rio Grande River from sister city Ciudad Juarez, one of the most dangerous cities not only in Mexico, but in all of the world.

57 miles of 18 feet high fence was constructed in 2006 already (which he had nothing to do with) and finished in 2009. Apprehensions since the construction of this fence have dropped greatly from what they were and are still low, but the dotard can’t take credit for this.

“El Paso … went from being one of the most dangerous cities in the country to one of the safest cities in the country overnight” after “a wall was put up” along the Mexico border.
    Speech in Louisiana – Monday, January 14, 2019

This statement was declared false by factcheck.org and as far as a border crisis that is false too. https://www.factcheck.org/2019/01/factchecking-trumps-immigration-address/ Illegal border crossing continue to remain low. A wall won’t stop drug smuggling or human smuggling. Sadly, much of this stuff gets past legal ports of entry or POEs. https://www.factcheck.org/2019/02/factchecking-trumps-national-emergency-remarks/

Lastly the “Fast and Furious” scandal. Not a truth to it: https://www.factcheck.org/2019/03/trump-wrong-about-obama-documents/ Of course, I can go to other fact checking sites if anyone would like, but unless they support the dotard like his propaganda pipeline Faux News does, they all say virtually the same thing. The dotard lies much of the time and tells very little truth.

Mriana

Who mentioned President Obama owing $40 mil due to the courts saying he did something illegal? I found this: https://www.factcheck.org/2018/03/obama-not-ordered-pay-400m-restitution/ If you meant that, again, there is no truth to what the dotard said.

Mriana

TimB, very few people in the caravans, in the spring, ever make it to the border: https://www.factcheck.org/2018/04/factchecking-trumps-immigration-tweets/ It states out of 300 in a caravan, only 60 to 80 of them ever make it to Tijuana. All that the dotard says about caravans in the spring is fear mongering. That’s all it is. He’s only trying to stir up fear and the lowering you say is mental or whatever, is not wishful thinking, it’s facts, instead of propaganda and fear mongering.

TimB
    Participant

Thanks for confronting the lies about the border.  I continue to believe that this administration’s most heinous actions, so far, were/are in taking young children from their families and shipping them off to secret locations, without even keeping track of who their family members were.  I don’t believe in hell, but Trump deserves to go to such a place for that particular “zero tolerance” policy.

Mriana

That would be prison, but I don’t see Congress sending him to prison anytime soon.

Lausten
    Participant

MikeYohe
    Participant

Mriana, you ask for 2020 runners that are changing their tune.

Corry Booker said, “we do have a problem at the border, Democrats should not deny that we don’t.” “Nations have borders and borders should be respected”.

That is a lot different than, Trump, “Trying to create a crisis with the border”.

Tim Ryan. A major fighter against the border wall. What he is now saying. “You can’t come to Ohio and the Great Lakes states and assure them about immigration without fist and foremost assuring people that you are going to protect their children. It has to be a lot smarter and more effective than it is now.”

MikeYohe
    Participant

Mriana,

The United States demands that prior to being allowed entrance into our country, those wishing to immigrate must undergo a thorough, well-defined medical history and physical examination performed by a recognized, qualified physician, a medical evaluation that includes blood work and a chest X-ray.  According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), “The purpose of the mandated [pre-immigration] medical examination is to detect inadmissible conditions, including communicable diseases of public health significance, mental disorders associated with harmful behavior, and substance use or substance-induced disorders.”

Of the many diseases and conditions screened for in immigrant applicants, tuberculosis is likely the best known to the average person.  Today, tuberculosis (TB) continues to be a major governmental health focus in immigrants, as the CDC considers TB “one of the world’s deadliest diseases.”

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/patient-power/201701/do-illegal-immigrants-pose-health-risk-us-all

The Numbers. In 2015, TB disease was reported in 2,694 Hispanics/Latinos in the United States, accounting for 28% of all people reported with TB nationally.

In the end, it is hard to completely ignore the health risks posed by those whose entry into the country avoids medical examination and treatment.  Whether you sit on the “build a wall” end of the spectrum or the “they’re just seeking a better life” end, accepting that treatable major health risks are freely entering into our general population is an unwise strategy, regardless of your political leaning (assuming those risks are meaningful, a debate we can have).

MikeYohe
    Participant

Mriana,

2012 – 150 Million Adults Worldwide Would Migrate to the U.S. – Gallup News

2018 – More Than 750 Million Worldwide Would Migrate If They Could- Gallup News

Are open borders really logical in today’s world?

The average cost for one illegal immigrant in 2018 was $65,292.00 for the taxpayers. Not counting the local costs.

In 2018 we had over 700,000 young adults who came as children alone. We have more that a million unauthorized immigrants be protected from deportation right now.

MikeYohe
    Participant

Mriana,

RE: climate change

We do not need oil. That is like saying we don’t need civilization.

All climate change is cause by human factors as far as I am concerned. The question is how much is Climate Change affecting Global Warming? Science says it has to have some affect. And that has been given a 3% change in Global Warming. Sea level rise has just been keeping up with Global Warming and we have none for Climate Change so far. We have gone from 20 feet, or 240 inches to 6 to 20 inches by 2100. The more we learn the less changes other than natures is taking place on earth.

Next, you must answer. Is Climate Change good or bad for the human race? That needs to be answered in a real debate.

I somewhat follow the Climate Change science as a hobby. Right now, one of the big questions is the University of Copenhagen did some mapping of the north coast of Greenland that suggests that the ice cover in the Arctic Ocean was greatly reduced some 6000-7000 years ago. The Arctic Ocean may have been periodically ice free. And of course, if true, then it is not good news for the computer models. All the data from the models is in error, again for the 100th time.

I disagree with you that Obama shutting down the pipeline was a good thing. Well maybe a good thing for other countries. And more emissions would have been produced in these other countries with that oil. Is that good for the earth?

Sure, wind and solar power is good. But, wouldn’t a smart person get the new systems up and operating and tested before changing to the new systems? Yes, of course. And Germany is not smart. They passed the laws and got rid of coal. They went to wind and solar. We, the taxpayers have been spending a lot of money setting up gas and oil for Germany. And we don’t even get a thank you. And Germany has the highest electricity prices in Europe both for households and industry. France changed the auto regulations for less emissions. And the people started wearing yellow vests.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.