January 17, 2019
Last summer, EJ Sorrell from the University of Texas at Austin and Kayla Bowen of Morehead State University joined the Outreach Department at CFI headquarters, gaining valuable organizing and event management experience.
Now it’s your turn. We’re looking for two students to intern at CFI headquarters in Amherst, NY this summer.
- Stipend: $165/week
- Dates: May 22—August 11 (10 to 12 weeks; flexible)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legally authorized to work in the United States
- Housing accommodations may be provided based on need
The interns will be trained in campus outreach, grassroots organizing, event planning and management, and other skills useful in nonprofit advocacy. Specific projects depend on the interns’ interests and experience but may include: developing new online campus organizing resources, producing audio and video materials, and designing new CFI On Campus promotional materials.
Applicants should be:
- Enthusiastic about freethought, humanism, and skepticism
- Able to work both individually and collaboratively
- Willing to follow instructions and accept constructive criticism
- Eager to contribute to CFI Outreach and advance its mission
To apply for an internship, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following additional information:
- Written Statement of your academic and other interests.
- What are your activities with the skeptic/freethought movements?
- Why is interning at the Center for Inquiry something you want to do?
- What is your level of proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel or comparable software?
- What is your level of proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign?
- Do you have experience with basic html and design?
- What skills and interests do you wish to develop during the internship?
Application Deadline: Monday, April 8
Please contact CFI Outreach by email or at (716) 636-4869 ext. 402 if you have any questions about these internship positions. This is an exciting opportunity to learn more about outreach and advocacy, develop new skills, and gain grassroots organizing experience while contributing to the overall growth of the freethought community and strengthening your relationship with CFI! We hope you consider joining us this summer.